• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

bitcoinTalk vs dashTalk

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Well, I'm sorry if this will sound like a complaint or rant. That's not my intention. I believe that every single person must be free to act the way they find most suitable. But I am only trying to understand something that (at least for me) is happening: Why is it that the "community" seem to "prefer" the BTCtalk in "detriment" of this DASHtalk forum?

What I mean is, I have noticed that many "important" people in the DASH community are there (at the BTCtalk), not only releasing updates (what, of course, is understandable), but also chatting, hanging out, posting jokes, etc, while never (or at least almost never) dedicating some of their time to us here.

I know that MANY wonderful, intelligent and important people are here everyday, and I love you all. But, concerning those other (also great) people, I would like to know if there's a specific reason, other then "they like it better there... that's their own choice". Because, personally, while I find it to be a horrendous environment it there, a waste of time, I also feel sad to see the users here "ignored" sometimes.

Again, I am sorry if i am wrong in my perception, logic, or in any other way :smile: I hope I am not being too selfish, and that it is not just jealousy from my part hehe

Well, I'm sorry if this will sound like a complaint or rant. That's not my intention. I believe that every single person must be free to act the way they find most suitable. But I am only trying to understand something that (at least for me) is happening: Why is it that the "community" seem to "prefer" the BTCtalk in "detriment" of this DASHtalk forum?

What I mean is, I have noticed that many "important" people in the DASH community are there (at the BTCtalk), not only releasing updates (what, of course, is understandable), but also chatting, hanging out, posting jokes, etc, while never (or at least almost never) dedicating some of their time to us here.

I know that MANY wonderful, intelligent and important people are here everyday, and I love you all. But, concerning those other (also great) people, I would like to know if there's a specific reason, other then "they like it better there... that's their own choice". Because, personally, while I find it to be a horrendous environment it there, a waste of time, I also feel sad to see the users here "ignored" sometimes.

Again, I am sorry if i am wrong in my perception, logic, or in any other way :smile: I hope I am not being too selfish, and that it is not just jealousy from my part hehe
When I first joined the testing team, I was frustrated that many times Evan would post the new test versions on BCT and not on DT... so I asked for this to be changed, and it's been changed.. That is one improvement I cared about.

To answer why people prefer BCT, i think these are the reasons:

1. BCT was the first place for Evan and early devs, miners, adopters before things got out of hand and then Darkcointalk.org was created.
2. BCT forum style is different, it's a rolling thread to oblivion and that's how people like it.
3. BCT is not moderated, it's a playground... anything goes.
4. BCT is a place for men to spew out their frustrations, instead of dumping their anger on their wives/gf's/so's.
5. BCT satisfies the need for being abused, crazy but many people like to be abused.
6. BCT is where you get info about other coins, where you meet your competitors....
7.... and more but who cares...

:tongue::grin:

EDIT: For me, i'm not even on BCT. I read it when i have time, mainly to skim through looking for info but i've found no reason to get on that forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the opposite applies: I don't care about BCT anymore :)

upload_2015-8-26_15-32-59.png

vs.

upload_2015-8-26_15-32-0.png

Actually, I kinda like BCT:
  1. without it, I wouldn't be HERE!
  2. I keeps some people occupied THERE. If they would be bored they'd probably come here.
  3. It's a great place for psychological case studies: I've never seen a place where THAT much people behave embarrassing dumb and be proud of it
  4. It's the only forum where my ignore list has more lines than all of my postings concatenated together.
  5. I have some of the trolls intentionally NOT on my ignore list because from time to time they have great ideas, funnily without ever knowing that. They can be a useful source of inspiration.
Nevertheless, I rarely post there any more (mainly to help people), because there's a lower limit of IQ below which I refuse to communicate.
I'm an arrogant bastard in this regard...
smilebreit.gif

They are both useful. BCT is useful because it's the gateway drug. New users find that thread and sometimes ask questions. I try to answer if nobody beats me to it. It also allows me to post inspiring memes, fake news stories, and of course the first Hitler video;

Ywhmqf5.png

For everything else, there's this forum.

They are both useful. BCT is useful because it's the gateway drug. New users find that thread and sometimes ask questions. I try to answer if nobody beats me to it. It also allows me to post inspiring memes, fake news stories, and of course the first Hitler video;

Ywhmqf5.png

lol, that's true!

Ywhmqf5.png

LOL...
I think you miss shojay.. :p

All the above points about both forums are well made. The good news is that dashtalk is steadily growing. It's nice to see 50+ ppl concurrently on here, and this seems to be happening more often. When I joined back in March or so, earlier this year, there were fewer ppl for sure. :)

1. Dashtalk
2. BTCtalk
3. are there any other forums worthy of stopping in at??
We have #dashpay channel on Freenode IRC... where you can ask technical questions there also, but it's better to ask on DT.
There are also a ton of tech/programming/math/law/social/languages/cryptocurrency/politics/economics/music/... channels on Freenode.

It probably just seems like BCT gets more attention because all posts are on single thread, whereas as here they are scattered across many. I peek in there regularly though; like driving by a horrific accident - you don't want to look, but you just have to.

like driving by a horrific accident - you don't want to look, but you just have to.

LOL
i totally agree, that is exactly how it is
i see it less than an accident where you have to look, more like that itch on your back, you can barely reach it, but you are trying and trying and scratching and scratching until it eventually starts bleeding :eek:

i stop by at BCT every day and can not help myself but have to look
good news posts or updates can be found.
i think it is the most 'free' page of em all, i like that you can really post anything without embarrassing yourself
and sometimes that is a good thing, be a bit stupid, put some crazy pictures and posts up to blow some steam.

DCT is definitely more serious

Reddit has some good discussions

all other Social Media Pages are less discussions but more News Updates + Dev Updates (aiming at the people who do not have time to check BCT or DCT)
even Instagram keeps you well informed, i think we have that social media side well covered.

I didn't know about BCT at all until i got into Darkcoin. When i was in #darkcoin channel on IRC I asked someone once how did he know when a new coin was launched, he told me he read BCt and i was like "what's that?" ... lol... Was kinda surprised so many people were on that site every single day!!... But I also found out so many Dash-BCT people don't know how to IRC... how could this be?! I thought by now everybody knows how to IRC! when you're 12 you get on instant messenger then you get on IRC and play with ascii arts!!! That's how you learn to IRC! :tongue:

I didn't know about BCT at all until i got into Darkcoin. When i was in #darkcoin channel on IRC I asked someone once how did he know when a new coin was launched, he told me he read BCt and i was like "what's that?" ... lol... Was kinda surprised so many people were on that site every single day!!... But I also found out so many Dash-BCT people don't know how to IRC... how could this be?! I thought by now everybody knows how to IRC! when you're 12 you get on instant messenger then you get on IRC and play with ascii arts!!! That's how you learn to IRC! :tongue:
What is this I.R.C. anyways?
Edit: is that like AOL?

Back