• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: DASH Sponsored Interviews, Anarchapulco - Juan S. Galt

JuanSGalt

Hello Everyone,

In the past two weeks since we begun working on the DASH speech and marketing presence at Anarchapulco, I mentioned in passing a couple of times a sponsorship opportunity I was working on for DASH, to extend the reach of the speech beyond that of presence at the conference and to the audience of other speakers.

I’ve finally done enough research on the speaker list and put together a list of people I want to interview and a set of topics and questions that I think will spark interest in their specific audiences, providing DASH an opportunity to reach them.

The idea is that I will interview these public figures and include premium advertisements for DASH in post production, to be added to my youtube channel at youtube.disruptek.info. All those interviews would link to the main speech I will make at the conference which will also be filmed and made public.

Here is the list of Public figures I intend to interview and the general themes I intend to discuss with them. If you have any suggestions for what to ask them, or have other speakers that you think would make for a great interview, especially those that would bring good attention to DASH, please post your thoughts below.

- Roger Ver

• Block size debate and environment in Bitcoin today.
  • Bitcoin Governance, how are major decisions made in Bitcoin today and how should they be made?
  • Funding sources of Bitcoin Development
  • Is Bitcoin a democracy?
-Milo Yiannopoulos (Controversial but buzzing public figure)

• Cultural warfare and international conflict between communist, fascist, islamic imperialist agendas and the classic liberal western holdouts.
- Barry Cooper

• Barry Cooper’s moment spark of enlightenment through mushrooms.
  • Silk Road and its effect on the war on drugs
  • Medical marijuana being boycotted by banks.
  • Compassion and assuming good faith in those that do wrong.
- Trace Mayer

• Bitcoin retail
    • RBF and who should have the authority to update or modify Bitcoin ?
  • Current status of the blocksize debate and key players
  • Ethereum?

-Tone Vays

-Bob Podolsky

• Intro: From physicist to psychologist, to philosopher
  • Tatiana project, core concepts of optimal non hierarchical human organization
  • Functional values and methodology to identify them
  • Difference between virtues and values?
  • The role of honest, humility and curiosity in success

Other speakers whom I have yet to gather good questions for are Rick Falkvinge (Pirate Swarm) and Bill Gaede (Alternative Physics). I invite suggestions for topics for any of the above speakers or others I did not mention.

So what is the deal?

Well, ideally I want to be paid per advertisement, to incentivize me to get a lot of content, which in turn will cover more topics and reach wider audiences. If we go with this strategy, I would ask for 40 dollars per advert. This is not much more than the average writer get paid for an article in today’s Bitcoin news market.

Given the current speaker list, it would be 40 X 9 = 360 USD, paid out in DASH, during the next payment cycle.

Assuming this proposal gets enough attention during the next few days to give me confidence in its funding, then I will start publishing the interviews asap, either during or soon after the conference is over, and receive the pay after they are published.

If I end up getting less interviews by the time the conference is over or more, I could update the proposal directly if possible, or cancel and resubmit, or pay the difference to the DASH foundation.

Someone suggested I wait until after I get the interviews to submit the proposal. That works for me, except I want to have a reliable signal of interest from people before I go do all that work.

So curious if people have any ideas how to balance this. Another option is I make a submission for 5 videos, and after I have those ready and or out, I make the next proposal.

What do you think? I’m very excited about this line up, there’s an incredible line up of public figures and activists here and I think it presents a great opportunity to showcase DASH to audiences beyond the Bitcoin community, while still discussing the current very important vulnerabilities of Bitcoin that DASH is so fit to solve.

You have my approval, but by now you must know that there it is no garantee that the blockchain will pay you.

Please ask Milo to comment on no-platforming (himself, Richard Dawkings), and twitter clamp-down on free speech (un-verified status and the new Twitter Trust & Safety Council).

And maybe you can ask someone about Paypal blacklisting VPN services?

You have my approval, but by now you must know that there it is no garantee that the blockchain will pay you.

Please ask Milo to comment on no-platforming (himself, Richard Dawkings), and twitter clamp-down on free speech (un-verified status and the new Twitter Trust & Safety Council).

And maybe you can ask someone about Paypal blacklisting VPN services?
Huh, interesting about Paypal, yeah I def plan on asking him about twitter censorship. ty

Hello Everyone,

In the past two weeks since we begun working on the DASH speech and marketing presence at Anarchapulco, I mentioned in passing a couple of times a sponsorship opportunity I was working on for DASH, to extend the reach of the speech beyond that of presence at the conference and to the audience of other speakers.

I’ve finally done enough research on the speaker list and put together a list of people I want to interview and a set of topics and questions that I think will spark interest in their specific audiences, providing DASH an opportunity to reach them.

The idea is that I will interview these public figures and include premium advertisements for DASH in post production, to be added to my youtube channel at youtube.disruptek.info. All those interviews would link to the main speech I will make at the conference which will also be filmed and made public.

Here is the list of Public figures I intend to interview and the general themes I intend to discuss with them. If you have any suggestions for what to ask them, or have other speakers that you think would make for a great interview, especially those that would bring good attention to DASH, please post your thoughts below.

- Roger Ver

• Block size debate and environment in Bitcoin today.
  • Bitcoin Governance, how are major decisions made in Bitcoin today and how should they be made?
  • Is Bitcoin a democracy?
-Milo Yiannopoulos (Controversial but buzzing public figure)

• Cultural warfare and international conflict between communist, fascist, islamic imperialist agendas and the classic liberal western holdouts.
- Barry Cooper

• Barry Cooper’s moment spark of enlightenment through mushrooms.
  • Silk Road and its effect on the war on drugs
  • Medical marijuana being boycotted by banks.
  • Compassion and assuming good faith in those that do wrong.
- Trace Mayer

• Bitcoin retail
    • RBF and who should have the authority to update or modify Bitcoin ?
  • Current status of the blocksize debate and key players
  • Ethereum?

-Tone Vays

-Bob Podolsky

• Intro: From physicist to psychologist, to philosopher
  • Tatiana project, core concepts of optimal non hierarchical human organization
  • Functional values and methodology to identify them
  • Difference between virtues and values?
  • The role of honest, humility and curiosity in success

Other speakers whom I have yet to gather good questions for are Rick Falkvinge (Pirate Swarm) and Bill Gaede (Alternative Physics). I invite suggestions for topics for any of the above speakers or others I did not mention.

So what is the deal?

Well, ideally I want to be paid per advertisement, to incentivize me to get a lot of content, which in turn will cover more topics and reach wider audiences. If we go with this strategy, I would ask for 40 dollars per advert. This is not much more than the average writer get paid for an article in today’s Bitcoin news market.

Given the current speaker list, it would be 40 X 9 = 360 USD, paid out in DASH, during the next payment cycle.

Assuming this proposal gets enough attention during the next few days to give me confidence in its funding, then I will start publishing the interviews asap, either during or soon after the conference is over, and receive the pay after they are published.

If I end up getting less interviews by the time the conference is over or more, I could update the proposal directly if possible, or cancel and resubmit, or pay the difference to the DASH foundation.

Someone suggested I wait until after I get the interviews to submit the proposal. That works for me, except I want to have a reliable signal of interest from people before I go do all that work.

So curious if people have any ideas how to balance this. Another option is I make a submission for 5 videos, and after I have those ready and or out, I make the next proposal.

What do you think? I’m very excited about this line up, there’s an incredible line up of public figures and activists here and I think it presents a great opportunity to showcase DASH to audiences beyond the Bitcoin community, while still discussing the current very important vulnerabilities of Bitcoin that DASH is so fit to solve.
Cool idea! Do you have any experience in promoting videos?

Alright! The conference is almost over. Here's the interviews I got.

Roger Ver,

Trace Mayer,

Rick Falkvinge

Barry Cooper

Bob Podaoulsky.

And they are quite good if I do say so my self. I found them very interesting.

So, should I got ahead and get a solid dash ad on them?

Back