• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"Bus error" running dash-qt [Resolved]

matthew1820

I had to re-boot my machine after a power failure. When I try to re-start my wallet the splash screen comes up, it spends some time "loading block index," then "verifying blocks," then the splash disappears but the wallet never shows up. In fact, dash-qt disappears from the system monitor process list at that point. Running it in the terminal, I get the same behavior -- splash screen, etc... -- and then the program exits with "Bus error" as the only output...

Code:
$ ./dash-qt
Bus error
$

Mint 17.1 Mate edition. Wallet is Dash Core v0.11.2.22-something-or-other-Beta...

Help fixing this, please?

M.

Last edited by a moderator:
try some of this (one by one, these are not steps but attempts i.e. close wallet before trying next)
1) get 0.11.2.23 and run it
2) run with -reindex
3) remove mncahe.dat and peers.dat and run again
4) rename wallet.dat to wallet.dat.bkp and run again (if you succeed here then your wallet is corrupted and if you have no backup that's a long story)

2) run with -reindex

This was all it took. I'll deal with the update when I get back to my machine later.

Please try run "fsck" for check your file system and make sure that your file system are healthy :)

Created the forcefsck file and re-booted. I didn't see any errors being flagged or corrected during the fsck, but at least now we're sure. :wink:

Thank you very much, both of you. I appreciate the swift help.

M.

Back