• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can you think of a project to fund ?

Here's another one, if iTunes can have their own gift cards why not Dash. Make games that accept Dash for bonus points on in game purchases. Offer a bounty to game developers to incorporate Dash as a payment and or reward. Imagine if Dash was in Candy Crush!
Isn't minecraft going to have bitcoin incorporated in one of the releases.
You would think with all them millions of high end GPU's with good connections, a little bit of mining could be done on the side as an in game currency extra, eh.
http://www.coindesk.com/kid-friendly-minecraft-server-launches-bitcoin-economy/

My two bob's worth

Masternode's in space. Launch a micro satellite running a DASH MN.

Longer term funding project, science, space, fun !

Why
  • Demonstrate the robustness of DASH based peer-to-peer services
  • why not?
  • use the project for broader education purposes
  • How long is DASH going to be around for? Think of it, nooooodes in spaaaaaace........
How
  • Piggy back on a spacex launch ;)
  • Raspberry Pi in space?
  • Microsat
When
  • within 18 months?
Funding
  • Phased approach for funding
  • set goals to reach next funding round
    • Plan
      • research feasibility
      • identify key talent
      • identify partners - commercial and/or academic
      • etc you get the idea...
    • Build
      • build and test micro sat
      • high altitude balloon launch?
    • Schedule
      • lock it in :)
    • Launch
      • DASH Sat 1 performing MN services from orbit
The Legacy
  • Great for brand awareness purposes
  • crosses over into R&D for DASH, never know what we might learn.
  • We are going to need DASH as a currency for a Mars colony
    • there will be two currencies that would feature in a Mars colony economy; barter of skills/knowledge & DASH.
  • Elon Musk as a POI ;)
  • @elonmusk

That would be cool. See here a possible "how to": https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-march-of-the-cubesats.6384

Isn't minecraft going to have bitcoin incorporated in one of the releases.
You would think with all them millions of high end GPU's with good connections, a little bit of mining could be done on the side as an in game currency extra, eh.
http://www.coindesk.com/kid-friendly-minecraft-server-launches-bitcoin-economy/

It would be cool to see mmorpgs using cryptocurrencies "in game". I imagine something lika a world named Dashia, in Tibia in which DASH would the official world currency. It could become a huge (and cool) marketplace.

Maybe not easy to implement, due to governments regulations, but, anyway, if it works on a P2P way, decentralised, it would possibly simplify things in this regard.

My two bob's worth

Masternode's in space. Launch a micro satellite running a DASH MN.

Longer term funding project, science, space, fun !

Why
  • Demonstrate the robustness of DASH based peer-to-peer services
  • why not?
  • use the project for broader education purposes
  • How long is DASH going to be around for? Think of it, nooooodes in spaaaaaace........
How
  • Piggy back on a spacex launch ;)
  • Raspberry Pi in space?
  • Microsat
When
  • within 18 months?
Funding
  • Phased approach for funding
  • set goals to reach next funding round
    • Plan
      • research feasibility
      • identify key talent
      • identify partners - commercial and/or academic
      • etc you get the idea...
    • Build
      • build and test micro sat
      • high altitude balloon launch?
    • Schedule
      • lock it in :)
    • Launch
      • DASH Sat 1 performing MN services from orbit
The Legacy
  • Great for brand awareness purposes
  • crosses over into R&D for DASH, never know what we might learn.
  • We are going to need DASH as a currency for a Mars colony
    • there will be two currencies that would feature in a Mars colony economy; barter of skills/knowledge & DASH.
  • Elon Musk as a POI ;)
  • @elonmusk

It would be great if we had one truly ambitious project.. and this one would get my vote.

Here is a list so far :)

IceBucket:
User friendly Videos explaining everything about Masternodes and how to run them so as to encourage more people to run them (thus distributing the network more widely)
we have to wait unto evolution is 'clearer'
or we just produce it for 6-12 month usage ?!

VLebubar & DrDeepweb & bhklen:
Make an easy to use Dash to Fiat exchage site that anyone can use in any currency. Also fund a localdashexchange like local bitcoins.
- 2 member posted somewhere that they are working on local dash exchange style
- Dash to Fiat needs serious paperwork (legit) and a page like that has to be maintained by a team (not only programmed)

the-baker:
get exchanges to use instantX for arbitrage, thus showcasing Dash technology, use funds to help exchanges to integrate Dash into their systems. This might bring more liquidity to the market.
- IX. dashcurex is on it, they say
- we have so many exchanges with 0 volume already, sure the more the better, but i do not see us paying them to integrate
+ we always (when in direct contact) bring them volume, but still that does not mean they are getting any traders

pedro:
not sure I understand? Get Dash used more widely by means of dash bills and dash coins? Physical?
:what:

raganius:
agrees we need easy fiat todash conversion perhaps with pos solutions like Bitpay and remittences services like Bitspark.
Also, integration to:
Decentralised Market (OpenBazaar)
Decentralised Exchange (Coinffeine)
- i hear somewhere confine is bust and not moving forward ?
- OB, there was a young photon dev who wanted to do some work, i pinged him already and hope he will jump onto this

buster:
we should work on Search Engine Optomization. (tungfa says they're on it)
correct, we on it

bhkien:
peer to peer lending like lendiingclub.com
no idea

TanteStefana:
Create a high quality, High speed, no restrictions TOR-like service that hides IPs, as another service and income stream for MN owners.
i thought we voted back in the day to stay on "currency" and not tor like services or others

Stealth923:
Any and all left over budgeting for the month should not be burned but used for marketing, and added to the marketing budget.
i do not think anything is burned !!

noobtrader:
create at least one working value added project on MN program such as:
1. VPN
2. trading coin program (like quatloo) which user need to hold certain amount of dash (not sure I understand)
1. i thought we voted to stay on 'currency' only with the MN's ?
2. i do not understand

GrandMasterDash:
Make a Mobile Dash wallet as a plugin that can be easily integrated into personal finance apps like Financisto. (I think that's what the API enables - so could be quite doable)
also have MN network implement a message broadcast system to facilitate automation and free speech.
Financisto should work on integrating that, not the other way around i think

Stan.distortion:
thinks the financial tools could be integrated into the wallet itself.
exactly

fible1:
2FA support in the core wallet.
true that, but evolution will have that

AnarchicCluster:
hire security experts to audit the code when Evolution is out, plus put up a bounty for breaking DS (already started)
definitely, then with evolution out we have to go through the whole lot, code review, open source, bounty for hack attack,...

Icebucket:
Unused coins could also go to an official faucet on the new website, and for distribution at conferences and presentations via paper wallets.
i do not think there are any unused coins
hand out material should definitely be looked at (Miami, if we have a booth)
then it is still the question how to do it
- if you hand out USB sticks people are paranoid to put them into their computer (virus)
- paper wallets ? (bit complicate for newcommers i guess)
but we have to find something like that for Miami

Stan.distortion:
reminds us that budgets can be saved up over time to pay for large ticket items, such as a thorough code review when Evolution comes out.
definitely, i am all for saving, but a bit early for that in the moment

Oaxaca:
P2P exchange using coinffeine open source
running an Dash P2P exchange would be amazing
but
a ton of work ! we would not only need somebody to code it
we would need a whole team to maintain code and exchange !

Dunedoo:
set up a Dash Mining Farm? (for the community to take part in?)
i thought about that at some point to 'fight back' against the botnet guy,
but i hear it would cost a ton of money (coins) to get anything feasible up and running (+mining returns are not that big)

Stan.distortion:
Hydromining
i do not know what that is

babygiraffe:
have a fund that incentivizes merchants to accept Dash.
i think we can not incentive that, they ether come or they do not, but to throw a bounty at them ...
will bring us 50 new merchants in the 1st month, and 95% will disappear after a week (as they got the bounty)

rando:
approach any company that uses a bitcoin machine/network (perhaps ATMs?) and pay them to update their machines to accept Dash.
that is a ton of coding, they will not be doing that, they expect us to take care of the integration

GrandMasterDash:
Use the up and coming P2P social media wave to spread the word.
P2P social media ?? where, who , what, links please :wink:

Tx tante, great listing
i just had to give my 50cent of knowledge to them all

Hi everyone,

I really like all your ideas, but I think we should also be spending some money on advertising to appeal to the general public. There was an article on cointelegraph yesterday that Jon Fitch an MMA fighter is getting paid exclusively in bitcoins. It would be great publicity if we sponsored athletes and paid them in Dash to promote Dashpay. This could get us international recognition and broaden our user base.

i thought we voted back in the day to stay on "currency" and not tor like services or others

Yes, Dash Core can stay on Currency, but, and remember, these ideas are not necessarily for here and now. However, I don't see why the network can't expand to do other work, unless it interferes with it's current obligations. Much of what would be needed would already be in the infrastructure. To expand on the work MNs do for the Dash network so that it can earn other income makes sense to me, and the fact that those services would be paid for in Dash makes Dash more useful, at least in the beginning :)

i do not think anything is burned !!

Well, any of that 10% that is not generated for projects in the month, are never generated and therefore burned (lost) That's how it was explained to us?? :)

i do not think there are any unused coins
hand out material should definitely be looked at (Miami, if we have a booth)
then it is still the question how to do it
- if you hand out USB sticks people are paranoid to put them into their computer (virus)
- paper wallets ? (bit complicate for newcommers i guess)
but we have to find something like that for Miami

That'd be good to know (no lost coins if not spent on budget items)

Certainly if we have a booth, and internet connection for people, we could help people download a wallet, then send them coins. Get a lot of people to hang out at the booth so that we can help a lot of people at once or else do a 5 minute tutorial every 15 minutes (or however long it takes)

P2P social media ?? where, who , what, links please :wink:

There are a few, but here is one: http://www.peerson.net/

Tx tante, great listing
i just had to give my 50cent of knowledge to them all

Yah, and really the only person who can say for sure, is the OP, but I think it's supposed to be a brainstorming thread. It's great to expose difficulties, or say, interesting but I'd rather do this or that, but no idea should be taken off the table this early in the game, unless it requires immediate decision making :D

I think we're a natural for hosting Open Bazaar, so that stores never close (just because you want to turn off your computer) and we could charge a very tiny fee for a more robust system, always on, hosts your items, etc...

I really like this idea, Could Dash maybe work out some agreement with the OB developers to integrate Dash into their core program along side bitcoin for use of the masternode network, for lets say a year to begin with.

They would probably like the 3000+ Servers to be running OB in the beginning until real adoption kicks in
And we would be integrated from the start at a core level

(Also posted in more appropriate thread the OB proprosal)
https://dashtalk.org/threads/pre-proposal-discussion-openbazaar-dash-integration.6379/page-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Back