• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash 2016 Roadmap

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
As Dash entered the new year and celebrated our second birthday, the core team decided now was the perfect time for an in-depth strategic review of our roadmap for the year. While we seek to continually review and refine Dash's development plans and strategy to respond to new ideas and opportunities, having a long-term plan in place helps keep the team focused on the right tasks and aligns efforts with our long-term strategies. With the new budgeting system in place, we are also now capable of pursuing opportunities that were never before feasible, so a deeper look at our strategy, goals, and plans for the coming year was definitely warranted.

Our roadmap for 2016 is aligned to the four main strategic areas of work, which were outlined in our Dash Strategy Statement published on December 30th. The fifth area is communication, which is woven into our goals for each of the main strategy areas. As stated above, we have spent a substantial amount of time planning this roadmap, but remind the community that it is subject to change. Feedback is always welcome from the community, and this will surly be refined as ideas and opportunities arise throughout the year. We plan to revisit our roadmap frequently to guide our decision-making and to assess the need to modify our plans.

There are many exciting deliverables planned for the coming year. The core team and other volunteers on the project will work diligently to deliver against this aggressive, yet achievable plan. Dash has a tremendous amount of momentum coming into 2016, and if the community delivers on these plans, Dash will be positioned as the clear leader in innovation in the cryptocurrency markets.

Without further ado, here is an overview of the 2016 roadmap:

1. Marketing and Communication
    • Participate in TNABC in Miami (21-22 January 2016)
    • Participate frequently in high-impact industry conferences and events
    • Conduct a formal public relations campaign to build awareness and educate the public in existing Dash features and benefits
    • Increase media presence and penetration of mainstream media through both advertising and public relations
    • Launch an improved Dash website (new graphical design and information architecture)
    • Migrate crucial services to official dash.org domain and administrate it as a part of the project (with community support)
    • Enable and host Dash-related webinars from the official website
  2. Software development
    • Complete and open-source design of Evolution
    • Develop prototype of Evolution
    • Make masternode operation available from hardware wallets to increase security of operator tokens
    • Preparations of work for 2MB blocksize increase
    • Develop plan for PrivacyProtect (Darksend v2)
    • Faster PrivacyProtect implementation
    • Privacy support for mobile devices with a new lighter client implementation
    • InstantX security and processing improvements
    • Effective monitoring of InstantX transactions with RPC Commands
    • Mobile wallets capable of receiving IX transactions
    • Implementation of DashDrive, Masternode Quorum Chains, User Accounts, Decentralized API, then the REST API.
    • In 12.2 we should be able to raise the blocksize to 2MB
  3. Business Development
    • Improve fiat access to Dash tokens:
      • Develop high-quality partners for exchange services, market making, and brokerage to improve market liquidity and access
      • Alternatively, start our own exchange services if proper partners are not found
    • Build a network of DASH ATM machines
      • Lobby with current BTM operators to add DASH
      • Establish a DASH ATM franchise program for Dash supporters to start setting up DASH machines in their locations
    • Establish partnerships to improve hardware wallet integration to facilitate easy and safe storage of Dash tokens
    • Expand merchant acceptance to give users more alternatives to spend, targeting high-value use cases for Dash's differentiating features (e.g., instant, private)
    • Lobby established crypto services to extend their services to include Dash
  4. Project Organization
    • End to end project management of external projects and initiatives
    • Project management support for software development process
    • Development and refinement of the organization and coordination structure as needed to ensure it is efficient, effective, and aligned with industry best-practices as the project grows
    • Introduction of financial planning processes to help the core team and community better manage the funding process and ensure transparency to provide an information on how resources are used
    • Improvements in communication
    • Improvements of the current processes
      • Release Management
      • Deployment Management
      • Support (Incident and Problem management)
    • Identify critical roles, resources and individuals to act as a role model

Some detailed marketing-related activities and goals:
  • YouTube
    • If possible, procure professional translation services to translate videos into Spanish / Portuguese / Chinese when volunteer capacity unavailable
    • Rework all guides and videos to reflect Evolution prior to release
    • Redesign all video title and end graphics (corporate identity) to reflect the Evolution branding
  • Chinese
    • Launch Dashpay.cn website
    • Initiate trading on a HK or China exchange
  • Spanish
    • Assign a dedicated Spanish community member based on the model implemented in China
    • 100% of important news and guides translated
    • Organize official social media and Spanish Dash chat group
    • Initiate trading on a Spanish exchange
  • Portuguese
    • Assign a dedicated Portuguese community member based on the model implemented in China
    • Organize official social media and Portuguese Dash chat group
    • Initiate trading on a Portuguese / Brazilian exchange
  • Indonesia / Arab countries: running a banner campaign now in hopes of developing a local community of early adopters and community enthusiasts

Original text is available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash 2016 Roadmap
Graphical files are available for download in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash 2016 Roadmap Files

Last edited by a moderator:
Visual representation of the Dash 2016 Roadmap:

Dash 2016 Roadmap.png

Graphical files are available for download in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash 2016 Roadmap Files

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks awesome. Great work by you guys. Looking forward in particular to the API stuff and upgraded mixing. (Nice graphic !)

Last edited:
As Dash entered the new year and celebrated our second birthday, the core team decided now was the perfect time for an in-depth strategic review of our roadmap for the year. While we seek to continually review and refine Dash's development plans and strategy to respond to new ideas and opportunities, having a long-term plan in place helps keep the team focused on the right tasks and aligns efforts with our long-term strategies. With the new budgeting system in place, we are also now capable of pursuing opportunities that were never before feasible, so a deeper look at our strategy, goals, and plans for the coming year was definitely warranted.

Our roadmap for 2016 is aligned to the four main strategic areas of work, which were outlined in our Dash Strategy Statement published on December 30th. The fifth area is communication, which is woven into our goals for each of the main strategy areas. As stated above, we have spent a substantial amount of time planning this roadmap, but remind the community that it is subject to change. Feedback is always welcome from the community, and this will surly be refined as ideas and opportunities arise throughout the year. We plan to revisit our roadmap frequently to guide our decision-making and to assess the need to modify our plans.

There are many exciting deliverables planned for the coming year. The core team and other volunteers on the project will work diligently to deliver against this aggressive, yet achievable plan. Dash has a tremendous amount of momentum coming into 2016, and if the community delivers on these plans, Dash will be positioned as the clear leader in innovation in the cryptocurrency markets.

Without further ado, here is an overview of the 2016 roadmap:

1. Marketing and Communication
    • Participate in TNABC in Miami (21-22 January 2016)
    • Participate frequently in high-impact industry conferences and events
    • Conduct a formal public relations campaign to build awareness and educate the public in existing Dash features and benefits
    • Increase media presence and penetration of mainstream media through both advertising and public relations
    • Launch an improved Dash website (new graphical design and information architecture)
    • Migrate crucial services to official dash.org domain and administrate it as a part of the project (with community support)
    • Enable and host Dash-related webinars from the official website
  2. Software development
    • Complete and open-source design of Evolution
    • Develop prototype of Evolution
    • Make masternode operation available from hardware wallets to increase security of operator tokens
    • Preparations of work for 2MB blocksize increase
    • Develop plan for PrivacyProtect (Darksend v2)
    • Faster PrivacyProtect implementation
    • Privacy support for mobile devices with a new lighter client implementation
    • InstantX security and processing improvements
    • Effective monitoring of InstantX transactions with RPC Commands
    • Mobile wallets capable of receiving IX transactions
    • Implementation of DashDrive, Masternode Quorum Chains, User Accounts, Decentralized API, then the REST API.
    • In 12.2 we should be able to raise the blocksize to 2MB
  3. Business Development
    • Improve fiat access to Dash tokens:
      • Develop high-quality partners for exchange services, market making, and brokerage to improve market liquidity and access
      • Alternatively, start our own exchange services if proper partners are not found
    • Build a network of DASH ATM machines
      • Lobby with current BTM operators to add DASH
      • Establish a DASH ATM franchise program for Dash supporters to start setting up DASH machines in their locations
    • Establish partnerships to improve hardware wallet integration to facilitate easy and safe storage of Dash tokens
    • Expand merchant acceptance to give users more alternatives to spend, targeting high-value use cases for Dash's differentiating features (e.g., instant, private)
    • Lobby established crypto services to extend their services to include Dash
  4. Project Organization
    • End to end project management of external projects and initiatives
    • Project management support for software development process
    • Development and refinement of the organization and coordination structure as needed to ensure it is efficient, effective, and aligned with industry best-practices as the project grows
    • Introduction of financial planning processes to help the core team and community better manage the funding process and ensure transparency to provide an information on how resources are used
    • Improvements in communication
    • Improvements of the current processes
      • Release Management
      • Deployment Management
      • Support (Incident and Problem management)
    • Identify critical roles, resources and individuals to act as a role model

Some detailed marketing-related activities and goals:
  • YouTube
    • If possible, procure professional translation services to translate videos into Spanish / Portuguese / Chinese when volunteer capacity unavailable
    • Rework all guides and videos to reflect Evolution prior to release
    • Redesign all video title and end graphics (corporate identity) to reflect the Evolution branding
  • Chinese
    • Launch Dashpay.cn website
    • Initiate trading on a HK or China exchange
  • Spanish
    • Assign a dedicated Spanish community member based on the model implemented in China
    • Organize official social media and Spanish Dash chat group
    • Initiate trading on a Spanish exchange
  • Portuguese
    • Assign a dedicated Portuguese community member based on the model implemented in China
    • Organize official social media and Portuguese Dash chat group
    • Initiate trading on a Portuguese / Brazilian exchange
  • Indonesia / Arab countries: running a banner campaign now in hopes of developing a local community of early adopters and community enthusiasts
Original text is available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash 2016 Roadmap
Do you mean that masternodes with direct control from the wallet is in the planning. Do you any other details on this? IMO this is one big selling point.

Cool graphic! I can only say that under Software Development, this bullet item needs some love:
o Mobile wallets capable of receiving IX transaction

I think QuantumExplorer's InstantX enabled iOS wallet is critical to make available to the general public. I can't bootstrap my lunch buddies into keeping score with DASH until the wallet apps are there on both sides of the aisle (Android and iOS). At least that's my plan for getting people at work hooked, one nerd at a time.

Very nice stuff! The word "tokens" really jumped out at me. Are we not going to consider them coins any longer?

And yes, I realize that all coins are essentially just tokens, but to see it written on official docs was odd.

Is the website you refer to in #1-5 the same website that we contracted a company for 5k to build back in october/November or is this a completely new website?

Is the website you refer to in #1-5 the same website that we contracted a company for 5k to build back in october/November or is this a completely new website?

we are still talking about dash.org
yes we are slow as we are doing too many things at the same time
nobody got paied 5k as far as I recall !
we have a good plan now and should have this done "soon" :wink:

we are still talking about dash.org
yes we are slow as we are doing too many things at the same time
nobody got paied 5k as far as I recall !
we have a good plan now and should have this done "soon" :wink:

I understand you guys are doing many things at the same time. But "we contracted a company..." so this company has an obligation to provide results.

Website and Design - $5000+ - Part 1 of 2

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

Taken from here(1). Somebody was paid out 5k for web development. Maybe you are confused about my question. I'm not referring to the domain purchase. I'm talking about our "fancy new website".

Please understand I appreciate the big long list of goals and I appreciate what everyone does. But there seems to be a lack of clarification on this website and I've seen other people ask. No offense to anybody just trying to help get this clarified.

(1)
https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

Edit*
Paid here
https://dashninja.pl/budgetdetails.html?budgetid=website-pt-1

**edit 2 here is the adress. Is a core team holding this or the company? Now with 0 dash.
http://explorer.dashninja.pl/address/XoQTAYJRnFDaod7S8R2mgKn81ppRBtUSQw

***edit 3 here is the address where the money ended up.
http://explorer.dashninja.pl/address/XtKfoWXixgnWzTySSeiCGTpfu91STfCefG

****edit 4 response to tungfa

Last edited:
Taken from here(1). Somebody was paid out 5k for web development. Maybe you are confused about my question. I'm not referring to the domain purchase. I'm talking about our "fancy new website".

Please understand I appreciate the big long list of goals and I appreciate what everyone does. But there seems to be a lack of clarification on this website and I've seen other people ask. No offense to anybody just trying to help get this clarified.

(1)
https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

Edit*
Paid:
https://dashninja.pl/budgetdetails.html?budgetid=website-pt-1

i am talking about redesign as well (not buying the domaine)
gotta check on these numbers with others,
tx bust
(i get back to you when i have a better picture)

i am talking about redesign as well (not buying the domaine)
gotta check on these numbers with others,
tx bust
(i get back to you when i have a better picture)

The links I edited in might help.

Anyways back on topic. This list is extensive. 2016 looks to be very exciting. Keep me in mind for the how to videos if they are getting revamped.

Appreciate the work being done on the organizational/management front, and admire your attention to detail.

Glad to see that offline storage of masternode collateral is now a priority. This has been a longstanding security concern for me as well.

Question about PM:

Are there plans to devote any PM resources to specifically review/audit successfully-funded budgets? Currently, the MN voters only have their judgement of the budget owner's reputation and results claims to go by. If there were a trusted member of the Core PM team whose job it was to check in with budget owners and make sure things are progressing according to stated plans, then any resulting (trusted) PM reports would be invaluable to MN voters.

Appreciate the work being done on the organizational/management front, and admire your attention to detail.

Glad to see that offline storage of masternode collateral is now a priority. This has been a longstanding security concern for me as well.

Question about PM:

Are there plans to devote any PM resources to specifically review/audit successfully-funded budgets? Currently, the MN voters only have their judgement of the budget owner's reputation and results claims to go by. If there were a trusted member of the Core PM team whose job it was to check in with budget owners and make sure things are progressing according to stated plans, then any resulting (trusted) PM reports would be invaluable to MN voters.

We had a conference call last night
and this was one of the topics !
We always (for any project, inhouse/outsouced) have a project manager in place.
he is reporting back to the team and eventually to the community (we do a lot of work over Confluence)

for outsourced projects we have this in place already
for community 'budget/funding' this seems to be a bit more complicate,
(people seems very protective of their projects, they think 'big brother is watching', are a bit too emotional in this,....)
but i believe the longer we are doing this, the better we (and the community) gets in this (less emotional) the easier it will be.
we always have Core Team members in place to 'manage' (and by manage i mean, manage, help, suggest, advice, support,....)

a propper review/audit "successfully-funded budgets" is a good idea
even a lot of work a good plan

lucas - I believe tungfa would appreciate your help. He is the person who coordinates all translation efforts. I would suggest to contact him directly.
Thank you for willing to help!

Back