• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Image/Graphic competition !

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Dash Image/Graphic competition !

Dear community
Dash is hosting it’s first Graphic/ Image Contest !
Open to anybody !
Images can be graphics, but do not have to be, typo and slogans are accepted and appreciated, drawings, paintings or sculptures would be even better. This is supposed to be fun, positive, Dash related and creative.

Examples:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-drk-fun-image-library.3897/

1st Price:
VPS Cloud Server for 1 year
(perfect for running a Masternode on Dash testnet or MN mainnet or anything else)
1 vCPU Core
1024MB RAM
25GB HDD
1 dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Subnet
1.5TB Premium Bandwidth
"You can use the server for whatever application you want, but not for constant high CPU loads, like for example solo mining. This is an OpenVz server, and abuse of shared resources will terminate the contract. Other than that, you're free to use it at will"

What is a Masternode:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867864
Masternode Guide:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867820

Rules:
Any ‘not appropriate’ picture or graphic can be pulled from the contest anytime by the judges.
(No Nudity, Nothing Sexual, no FUD or Trolling other coins,.....)
Multiple Entries are allowed and appreciated.
The judges (known Dash Artists) will not participate (obviously)

Deadline:
21st August

Edit:
Extended Deadline 25th August !!!

Judges:
yidakee , darkwing , Raptor73 , tungfa

Please post your image in the thread below, ‘likes’ received will be considered in the final judging but will not dictate the winner.

z3W6sTe.jpg

This should be great fun to get us past the summer hole !
Double Tx to yidakee who had the idea and is offering the price !

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, this is a great chance to anyone out there to get to play with a VPS server, follow tutorials, join testnet, run crazy tests, practice web-dev... you name it!
tungfa - Could I add a "rule" please? Since this is a fun oriented contest, would you think it's ok to allow multiple entries by the same person?

Here are the in depth specs of the server

root@hanssolo:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz
stepping : 5
microcode : 25
cpu MHz : 2268.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 8
core id : 0
cpu cores : 4
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm ida dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips : 4533.71
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

all right !
we have the 1st contender !!
very cool ! tx

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1715.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Dang i'm not gonna make it, I still have some editing to do and work tomorrow ;; I just started it today because I just saw it today haha

Dang i'm not gonna make it, I still have some editing to do and work tomorrow ;; I just started it today because I just saw it today haha

For the record I'd be totally cool with extending this another few days (or even a week) - we need more competition, this will feel rather hollow if I win being the only entry ;-)

For the record I'd be totally cool with extending this another few days (or even a week) - we need more competition, this will feel rather hollow if I win being the only entry ;-)

lol
ohhhh you got me now !
this is a bit bad timing due to summer hole and v12 !

ok then

Extended Deadline 25th August !!!

Sorry, I didn't have much time to edit it, I just made a video, not sure if that counts but it was fun either way! Busy week so I apologize! I suppose if it was only for images then this is roughly 30 images a second :wink: I pretty much call this incomplete but it's all I had time for, some of the stock text I didn't render out :( But some of the sounds I had to record or make myself and then layer them for the given effect, such as the microphone feedback on the second detonation, So it took me longer than expected.

Competition Closed !

The winner will be announced shortly !

And the Winner is ....
patrolman !!

congrats, a last minute entry, from an 'old' DCT member (March 2014)
the vote was clear 4 = 0
Congratulations again.

yidakee will contact you direct with the VPS Details

FcELQnx.jpg

Winner Dash Tipping Address:
XoxNTjHsWo7E4EjUpRBc7Ysa6KCw169pY7

this was a suggestion on BCT

Back