• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Project Expenses Community Report (September 2015)

This is more like it!
Well presented. Why not call it a "statement of business for September 2015"
Its way more than a financial report. I bet I can't find this level of detail with any other coin.

Definitely will be a confidence booster with those naysayer's saying the sky is falling:cool:

I guess I should get more involved with the voting because I'd rather see the emphasis on a decent mobile wallet and more ecosystem building than so much priority on PR / marketing.

I think for most Russians such PR-figures will sound... "frightening"... but:
1. "We will, without a doubt, make mistakes as A/B testing is a natural part of this process." - This is the main part of the story, IMHO.
I hope that all low-effective approaches are going to be rejected in future periods.
2. Everybody can offer alternative ("more effective") budget proposals (including alternative PR-proposals).

I guess I should get more involved with the voting because I'd rather see the emphasis on a decent mobile wallet and more ecosystem building than so much priority on PR / marketing.

Well this is an expense report, the development comes from the team and the team is compensated as detailed on the Core Team compensation section.

Quantum Explorer, is our mobile wallet developer, his iOS wallet is ready and waiting on approval from Apple to be on the Appstore. They are making us jump through a lot of hoops and is not clear when and if they will approve us as that is their prerogative but the wallet is ready. Also there is already an Android wallet on the Playstore.

This was the last development update:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/

There is a budget for public awareness, so there will always be a detail on how we are spending that money. This has nothing to do with development priorities, nor is this a strategy discussion thread. Just a budget report for transparency purposes. There are other budgets like Electrum that is also waiting to be released, etc.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.

But if we're talking about the Hash Engineering wallet, then sorry to say, it's not very good. And the Coinomi wallet, whilst usable, seems more focused on adding obscure alts than improving security or the overall experience.

It seems to me, before blowing all this money on PR / marketing, we should concentrate more on the mobile experience, ESPECIALLY if we want to get Joe Public on-board. And AFAIK, the Evolution thing is going to drastically change the user experience... are either of these wallets ready for that?

Desktop apps that download the whole blockchain aren't going to cut it. Many people I know either don't own a computer or simply use their phone / tablet 99% of the time. What's the point of aiming for mass adoption if the only full-featured wallet is a desktop app? The mobile experience needs a much bigger role.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.

But if we're talking about the Hash Engineering wallet, then sorry to say, it's not very good. And the Coinomi wallet, whilst usable, seems more focused on adding obscure alts than improving security or the overall experience.

It seems to me, before blowing all this money on PR / marketing, we should concentrate more on the mobile experience, ESPECIALLY if we want to get Joe Public on-board. And AFAIK, the Evolution thing is going to drastically change the user experience... are either of these wallets ready for that?

Desktop apps that download the whole blockchain aren't going to cut it. Many people I know either don't own a computer or simply use their phone / tablet 99% of the time. What's the point of aiming for mass adoption if the only full-featured wallet is a desktop app? The mobile experience needs a much bigger role.

android wallet is working
iPhone wallet is waiting to be released (iTunes writes their own rules so we gotta wait for them)
coinomi is out but has bad review

evolution will change everything , no wallet and nothing is ready for that !

the PR efforts are not only to push us further , they are there to maintain and secure our market position now !

Transparency is good but showing detail salary of people may not good for working motivation.

If you would know what I get in my "other" life per day and compare it to this list you'd recognize that this "salary" will never be my motivation. It's just an appreciation. [1].
And I'm pretty sure this applies to most of the other devs.

We're here for the fun :smile:

[1]: when 1 Dash is > $100 we can start talking about "salary".

If you would know what I get in my "other" life per day and compare it to this list you'd recognize that this "salary" will never be my motivation. It's just an appreciation. [1].
And I'm pretty sure this applies to most of the other devs.

We're here for the fun :smile:

[1]: when 1 Dash is > $100 we can start talking about "salary".
Same here, the Dash i receive from core-budget roughly covers server costs for our build environment/servers - not complaining though :)

Transparency is good but showing detail salary of people may not good for working motivation.

I also disagree. If this is going to be a decentralised enterprise, all expenses must be public. The inner details about how the expenses are managed may be kept in some sort of "secrecy" as this is part of the the development strategy, but at all times the blockchain budgets must be accountable to the community.

I'm part of the team and I don't have a salary, and I'm not complaining. I don't have a fixed "job" so to speak, like the other team members. I got a 1x payment of 21 Dash for managing the Liquidity Provider proposal, and I am quite appreciative of it.

Can someone comment on if any of this Dash thats being distributed from the budgets is being sold for fiat currencies on open markets? It might just be coincidental but it seems we have been seeing a lot of down press since September and I'd be curious how much of the budgets are being dumped for access to fiat resources to pay these expenses.

Back