• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASHpag

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
I would like to share with the "global" section of the community the announcement I have made on the Portuguese language section, of the project that I am now engaged with, aiming to facilitate the use of DASH in Brazil.

DASHpag-logo-mini.gif
I have named it DASHpag, with website at www.dashpag.com. The name makes sense in the Portuguese language, because "pag" is a common abbreviation for the word "pagamento" which means "payment", in Portuguese.

It was this post from thelonecrouton that made me want to start this project:

(...)
3. Aquiring DASH (or any other digital currency) is currently far too tedious a process. While this may be attributed to 3rd party problems with exchanges, regulations, etc. I think there is much more that could be done at a core level to facilitate people's initial and continued access to DASH. Mining is not an option for anyone except geeks with money to spare for hardware and running costs.
(...)

Indeed, it is not easy for the "common users" to acquire DASH, especially in Brazil, where there is no direct BRL-DASH exchange.

I've been in touch with some of the BRL-BTC exchanges, but none gave me a "definite deadlines", or at least any tangible hope, of offering BRL-DASH trades. I've even tried getting in touch with a person from the Brazilian community who says he's a big DASH miner, but he didn't show much interest in selling his DASH directly (maybe he prefers to keep all the DASH he mines for himself - and I don't blame him :wink:).

Anyway, I've decided to give a start to the ideas that came to my mind, and DASHpag is the shape it received by now.

What I want is to offer services as a "DASH adoption adviser", in these first stages, aiming to provide solutions to enable P2P BRL-DASH trades, and, if needed be, to function even as a payments processor (now inspired on all the wonderful toknormal texts on the subject).

I know that a payments processor can be a "centralisation" (and centralised solutions are not trustless), but I've noticed that, for some people, trustlessness is not as important as "easyness" (go figure).

Difficulty 1: I am a coding semiliterate :oops: So (at least until I improve my skill in this area) I will depend A LOT on all the help I can have;

Difficulty 2: In order to put these ideas into practice, the project will involve fiat currency (BRL). So, I'll have a GREAT DEAL of legal barriers (but that's an area I master well enough :cool:, so I might be able to make progresses with some autonomy).

Idea to put in practice (A): The BRL-DASH trade. If could be done similarly to what ShapeShift does, would be perfect for those most complacent users, but surely much more difficult to implement. As a main focus, however, I'd like to encourage more the P2P trades, and a service similar to what LocalBitcoins does would be good enough;

Idea to put in practice (B): A payments processor, similar to CoinPayments to encourage merchants adoption.

Idea to put in practice (C): This would be great, and very very useful in Brazil. Usually the invoices here are paid with a system known as Boleto Bancário. It's a special invoice like document with a barcode (that's why the barcode in the logo) standard that can be processed by any bank. The idea is to allow users to pay their boletos directly from their DASH wallets (no need to go to the bank anymore - no more queues, online and instant solution). It would work more or less this way:
There is a similar service in BTC. The thing is, if it is possible for the user to have an app in his smartphone allowing him to pay his bills instantly, not needing the hassle of a bank queue! This would be THE INCENTIVE to use DASH!

I'd like to have the help and feedback from the community, and I am totally open for ideas and partnerships.

I really hope this project will be very useful to the DASH community :smile:

Today I have published online a pricing list for the "DASH adoption support service" that I am offering, in order to provide consultancy for corporate clients that aim to offer DASH as a payments option in their business.

I've done so because I've realised that it would be important to give an "initial monetary value" to my idea (not only for potential clients, but also for me to really see it as business).

This "support service" is one of the services that I have decided to bring to reality, and as it is the simpler one to be put into practice, it is the first one to be officially started.

I have decided for really "relatively" affordable prices in order to not obstruct the interest of people, but still being able to enhance the relevance of the service. I believe (and hope) it will help attracting more merchants into DASH.

The idea is to be an early bird and grab as many merchants as possible, especially because people here in Brazil rarely heard about any cryptocurrencies, so my job is to introduce it to as many people as possible, make them feel comfortable with this new technology, and see what happens.

My parallel problem is non-merchant users/consummers/DASH buyers-spenders. I must find a solution to BRL-DASH exchange more efficient than p2p exchange, at least untill more people have DASH here (so that BRL will no longer be necessary).

Finally, in order to serve merchants better (as toknormal pointed elsewhere) the merchants will prefer to trust a payments processor instead of the hassle of the "trustless" thing. So that's the solution I must provide in order to be taken into consideration in the market (untill they are self-confident enough to migrate to trustless).

At first, to be able to deal with all these things, at the same time, seems quite difficult, but little by little (and with help from the community) the puzzle will be solved.

The advantage here is that this is not a very big city, and I am relativelly well know (and trusted) around here, so I guess this makes things a little easier. at the same time, it's a city that receives tons of tourists from all over the world, and if merchants here accept and promote DASH, people around the world will eventually get to know about it here, be curious, and spread (at least I hope).

Moral of the story: most people want the solutions ready, they do not want to work for it... these are my potential "clients". Those others who are eager to walk with their own legs will at least learn about DASH from me, and do their jobs themselves.

edit: as to DASH in South America, in September I am going to spend a couple of days in Argentina (I've got some friends there), and I am looking forward to get in touch with crypto people in Buenos Aires, and spread DASH around there)

Last edited by a moderator:
a quick curious note: I never, ever, pay attention to this horoscope thing, but a moment ago, I was having lunch with a friend, and he was showing me some news on a newspaper, and it happens that there was a zodiac column at the same page. Out of curiosity I've checked mine: "Virgo: Business: New things will bring you success. (...) Lucky colour: Blue (...)"

I would call this a good omen :wink:

Thank you Sub-Ether and Dunedoo for your kind words! Your encouragement is really very important for me!

:smile:

Today I've added another feature to DASHpag. It's a "DASH fan store" in which I'll be offering DASH related items for DASH lovers... only DASH accepted :wink:

I have definitely zero knowledge of php, so my tweaking of the store software was limited to a "manual" system: the moment a customer makes an order, I receive an e-mail message alert. So I manually create a new DASH address at my local wallet and e-mail the address to the customer... I could not figure how to make the software automatically assign a new DASH address for each new order... Anyway, I guess it'll work by now, while I make the necessary progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news form Brasil!

Today I have been talking with the CEO of one of the biggest and oldest BTC-BRL exchanges, Bitcoin to You. He told me that they are preparing to offer the so needed BRL-DASH trade! Finally! He has asked for my help, as a member of the DASH community, to spread the news, bring those merchants that I have been in touch with as new clients for them, etc.

That's amazing, no more brl-btc-dash suffering :cool: All the people I've talked to this day, when introduced to DASH, have asked about how to get in and out of DASH... They really didn't like such difficult way... now I can come back to them with this update!

Hi! Only today I saw a donation sent to my blog's "tipping address" at XwYRfK4GDzT4gu73MXxwM4sxpxou6Xfyh9!

That was my first donation received ever! yay!

Even though I don't know if you participate here I'll still use this channel to communicate to you, my friend, my gratitude! It really helps, not only as the much needed financial retribution that it is, but also as it is a sign of support and trust towards my works dedicated to DASH :smile: I know that I've got so little to offer: Everything that I am able to do is nothing if compared to the grandiosity of this project, but always be sure that I will always honour the trust that you have demonstrated, you can be certain that I'll always do my best!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank one of our community members (if you want to, please, show yourself :wink:) for ordering a DASH cap :smile: You also deserve my complete gratitude because you have always been so supportive of my contributions. You really are a good friend! (I hope you like the cap, and wear it proudly, everyday, as I have been doing here :cool:)

I can only thank you, and always remain at your disposal!

raganius don`t you know that one hit of the butterfly`s wings in the Japan can affect on the weather in America?
Your efforts will have the response all needs the time, I like Minotaur bcttalk last post which expresses what you`re doing here :)
Hope to get the cap ASAP :)

Back