• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Do NOT be a bully !

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Do NOT be a bully , it will reflect bad onto Dash !

I want to encourage the whole community (incl myself) NOT be a bully on Twitter/BCT/direct messages/.....

The crypto world is infested with Scam brothers, bullies, cheats and whatnot negative A...holes ! we all know that, but that does not mean we have to come down to their low level ! we are better than that !

We got dropped from some exchange some months ago as some Dash community members started up a fight with them, recent events with Bitfinex are hard to understand, and there is talk that Twitter harassment turned them against us.
I am not sure if there is any truth in this, as Bitfinex still has not replied to my official email asking politely for clarification, but (as posted above) i want to encourage everybody to take it 'easy' online !!

- if there are complains to anybody (Exchanges, Webpages, clients,....), let the official channels take care of it.
- do not show your anger in tweets and social media posting
- we have enough haters in this industry and that does not mean we have to counter that by becoming the " bully crypto community" !

Punishment by Happiness + Politeness !
:wink:
Happy Weekend all around !

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit:

email reply from Bitfinex:
DASH was adopted by Bitfinex several months ago, but it never reached 1% of our total USD monthly volume.
I'm sorry but for us the burden of keeping it as a trading pair is really not justified by its volume.

so be it !
please do NOT hustle or badmouth them by email or Twitter !
they are running a business and so are we !
we should treat this and react as professionals !
P L E A S E

Edit:

email reply from Bitfinex:
DASH was adopted by Bitfinex several months ago, but it never reached 1% of our total USD monthly volume.
I'm sorry but for us the burden of keeping it as a trading pair is really not justified by its volume.

so be it !
please do NOT hustle or badmouth them by email or Twitter !
they are running a business and so are we !
we should treat this and react as professionals !
P L E A S E
Thanks for investigating this, makes perfectly sense and if i would running an exchange i would review the monthly volume as well.

But like Arnie once said

tungfa - Thanks for this thread.... Please also tell them on BCT... And instead of talking about bullies and trolls..., let's recognize some outstanding community members who have been helping this community by just showing their respect and gratitude to others, like this one:

upload_2015-8-8_11-26-9.png

This is Raico from DT, correct? If so, I would like to say "thank you" to him for that BCT post!

tungfa - Thanks for this thread.... Please also tell them on BCT... And instead of talking about bullies and trolls..., let's recognize some outstanding community members who have been helping this community by just showing their respect and gratitude to others, like this one:
(...)

Sure, moli, the community should never forget to cultivate and stimulate the fruitful (no matter how simple or humble) participation of our members.

I also thank you, tungfa, for it's never too much to insist that the members of this community should (try to) be human and sensible. I feel like sometimes that toxic environment of the bitcointalk contaminates our community in a way that in the end some people end up acting weird... BTW, I really see no point in insisting to have that waste of human resources that the Dash thread at the BTCtalk is... I might be wrong, but, IMHO, we should lock that thread there and concentrate here (or elsewhere), in useful discussions and works.... But that's only my opinion, I apologise for it, and I have no intentions to enforce it in any way (as if I could).

I don't see the point of the btctalk thread for Dash. Announcements can be made here, twiiter or reddit.
btctalk is a toxic place that brings out the bad in people.

I don't see the point of the btctalk thread for Dash. Announcements can be made here, twiiter or reddit.
btctalk is a toxic place that brings out the bad in people.
Sadly I think a lot of people like that forum, it's like a place for them to hang out and socialize. There are some good people there and good discussions that i've seen now and then when i read it, and it's also a gateway for new people to get to know Dash, so i wouldn't suggest it to be closed or even moderated. It's really up to people who hang out there to deal with the trolls and their constant harassment, and not turn into becoming just like them. Sometimes we could be our own worst enemies if we're not careful.

Sadly I think a lot of people like that forum, it's like a place for them to hang out and socialize. There are some good people there and good discussions that i've seen now and then when i read it, and it's also a gateway for new people to get to know Dash, so i wouldn't suggest it to be closed or even moderated. It's really up to people who hang out there to deal with the trolls and their constant harassment, and not turn into becoming just like them. Sometimes we could be our own worst enemies if we're not careful.
That's so true. When what you support is getting attacked its very easy to want to defend it and unfortunately its very easy to slip into the local language.

I am not talking about BCT here specific,
I am talking about social media (and anything else) in general !!

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."

~~ William Casey (CIA Director) ~~

Translation ?
What does this quote has to do with the OP

UFOs and aliens are real, and that quote is false.
Not according to Barbara Honegger but the original source is often attributed to White House reporter Sarah McClendon ;)

http://www.quora.com/Did-William-Ca...rything-the-American-public-believes-is-false

> On Sep 17, 2014, at 1:25 AM, Barbara Honegger wrote:

''I am the source for this quote, which was indeed said by CIA Director William Casey at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan with his new cabinet secretaries to report to him on what they had learned about their agencies in the first couple of weeks of the administration.
The meeting was in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House, not far from the Cabinet Room. I was present at the meeting as Assistant to the chief domestic policy adviser to the President. Casey first told Reagan that he had been astonished to discover that over 80 percent of the 'intelligence' that the analysis side of the CIA produced was based on open public sources like newspapers and magazines.
As he did to all the other secretaries of their departments and agencies, Reagan asked what he saw as his goal as director for the CIA, to which
he replied with this quote, which I recorded in my notes of the meeting as he said it. Shortly thereafter I told Senior White House correspondent Sarah McClendon, who was a close friend and colleague, who in turn made it public. ''

Not according to Barbara Honegger but the original source is often attributed to White House reporter Sarah McClendon ;)

http://www.quora.com/Did-William-Ca...rything-the-American-public-believes-is-false

> On Sep 17, 2014, at 1:25 AM, Barbara Honegger wrote:

''I am the source for this quote, which was indeed said by CIA Director William Casey at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan with his new cabinet secretaries to report to him on what they had learned about their agencies in the first couple of weeks of the administration.
The meeting was in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House, not far from the Cabinet Room. I was present at the meeting as Assistant to the chief domestic policy adviser to the President. Casey first told Reagan that he had been astonished to discover that over 80 percent of the 'intelligence' that the analysis side of the CIA produced was based on open public sources like newspapers and magazines.
As he did to all the other secretaries of their departments and agencies, Reagan asked what he saw as his goal as director for the CIA, to which
he replied with this quote, which I recorded in my notes of the meeting as he said it. Shortly thereafter I told Senior White House correspondent Sarah McClendon, who was a close friend and colleague, who in turn made it public. ''
You fell into my trick. I won! :grin::tongue:

Translation ?
After the mainstream media has been totally owned, corrupted and manipulated, the only way to go is into the alternative media sphere and dilute it with a enough nonsense that no one knows anything for fact or fiction any more :tongue:
(perhaps I should have started a thread, lol)

Translation ?
I think Sub-Ether is trying to tell us not to do "an eye for an eye", not to be bullies to our enemies..... but be nice to them and tell them, "Repeat after me: Dash is good, Dash is good, Dash is good... I love Dash.. I love Dash..." until they believe it !! :grin:

JK :grin::grin::tongue::tongue:

I think Sub-Ether is trying to tell us not to do "an eye for an eye", not to be bullies to our enemies..... but be nice to them and tell them, "Repeat after me: Dash is good, Dash is good, Dash is good... I love Dash.. I love Dash..." until they believe it !! :grin:

is that what he is trying ?
tx for the translation, as i still do not get his posts

Back