• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK ..... Current Branding / Corporate Identity ... Official / Affiliated

Besides tungfa's comments, which I agree with, I want to add a couple thoughts (not going into the rebranding discussion, this is not the thread and it has been discussed already many times) that are not exactly related with branding but are with calling things official:

"Official" should be handled with extreme care. Official is something from darkcoin.io, @darkcoinorg or the Official Development News and Information forum. This is important because we are distributing software that deals with money. There are already malware darkcoin clients that will steal your coins or someone could publish an ill intended guide that exposes your funds. Official is safe. Unofficial is probably safe too, but the darkcoin project can't guarantee and you should do your due diligence. This doesn't mean that people outside the team are not honest, they could have been hacked or made a mistake. I'm part of the team, but if I personally start something related with Darkcoin it would not be official, it would be mine.

Also, some of us are putting our names out there and affiliating ourselves with the project. I have no fears about it because I've joined a project with a very specific view that I share, but if some people start to do/promote certain things and call that official, that could bring trouble to us personally.
Fernando, this is a much better explanation. I'm wondering if you should have your own thread to explain more or put it on darkcoin.io to warn people.

Tungfa, and Fernando, I agree whole heartedly on the "Official" issue, and encourage you to keep hammering on it. Unless the foundation pursues copyright/trademark protection, (which I would strongly oppose) peer pressure and shouting loudly are the only only moral recourses available. As delightful as the recently posted video was, I was troubled by the "official" designation, and thought that this had been adopted/approved by the foundation's board in some way.

Regarding other recent discussions, I am somewhat confused on the guidance I am receiving. Tungfa, you seem to be stating that BTC is the appropriate venue for discussing the branding/name-change issue, rather than DCT??! Given the importance of the issue and the fact that (IMHO) this is an issue for serious stakeholders rather than trolls, I would think that DCT would be the preferred locale.

Please understand, I am not raising the issue here, rather the meta-issue, of the appropriate time and place for the issue. Tungfa, you and stonehedge seem to hold that this thread is not the place to discuss branding, yet the title led me to believe that this was the appropriate place. It seems jpr, moli, and oblox had a similar idea/misconception. I have no desire to offend others, or waste my breath. But I would appreciate knowing that those responsible for making such decisions (Evan and the foundation's BOD) were open to suggestion and provided an official channel for the respectful/reasoned presentation of minority positions. Surely DCT is not that place; where would you recommend?

With all due respect...
You can start your own thread to talk about your opinions and ideas. I did not mean to discuss about "rebranding" here, I just mentioned it since I had seen it still being discussed on more than one place. So, let's not talk about it here again, and if you open your own thread, we can talk about it there.
:smile:

Back