• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess your OS is Finnish as well, because just switching the wallet to Finnish (while still having an English OS) does not show this problem here.
No, my os is english but keyboard and other settings is finnish.
Tested wallet with finnish lang, no change, cant enter dot and comma wont work.

I guess your OS is Finnish as well, because just switching the wallet to Finnish (while still having an English OS) does not show this problem here.

There's some minor part missing still :tongue:

UdjinM6 , does your OS-locale has a "," as decimal separator?
Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 18.14.42.png

The main point in my previous message - we'd better to stay consistent and Bitcoin Core ignores locale settings (you might noticed this in code comments, remember this "format" thing?) So all fields with (coin) amounts should behave similarly and these edit fields are widgets like
Code:
BitcoinAmountField *payAmount;
on send tab for example.

The main point in my previous message - we'd better to stay consistent and Bitcoin Core ignores locale settings (you might noticed this in code comments, remember this "format" thing?) So all fields with (coin) amounts should behave similarly and these edit fields are widgets like
Code:
BitcoinAmountField *payAmount;
on send tab for example.

Hmh, BitcoinAmountField opens a completely new can of worms because
- we wouldn't easily be able to set a placeholder-text to explain what this field is for
- whatever default value we'd offer it would immediately trigger the filter. Right now 0 is the lower limit (and negative amounts are ALWAYS displayed), but with a BitcoinAmountField we would need -999999 or whatever as default filter. Nasty...

From the end-user excerience just replacing "," with "." would look the same and would be KISS compared to the BitcoinAmountField.

- we wouldn't easily be able to set a placeholder-text to explain what this field is for
- whatever default value we'd offer it would immediately trigger the filter. Right now 0 is the lower limit (and negative amounts are ALWAYS displayed), but with a BitcoinAmountField we would need -999999 or whatever as default filter. Nasty...

From the end-user excerience just replacing "," with "." would look the same and would be KISS compared to the BitcoinAmountField.
Ahh, good points! Well, told you before - I suck at UI things :grin:

Done: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/445

You can update your list, AjM :smile:

Yes, no.8 remains:
8. Tools->Peers list -> right side data should reset if user deselects row or go to other tab or selected row disappear.

Nice work!
List updated again:grin:
crowning we can just cherry-pick this I guess https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/e0597268116cf90d961abeba9d14aaad0ab682d2
There is more btw: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6209 and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6217 so I would mess with this very accurate if at all.
We should keep it more or less simple to merge next btc when we are ready imo.

Actually "ui->peerWidget->selectionModel()->clearSelection();" called inside "RPCConsole::eek:n_tabWidget_currentChanged" looks execatly like something I tested just a couple of hours ago :grin:

I think it's a minor issue anyway so I think instead of risking side effects by cherry-picking we just wait until someone (YOU :tongue:) does the next big Bitcoin-merge.

Hi crowning ,

What do you think of a suggestion for a DS popup on the wallet GUI? When clicking on the button "Start DS Mixing", a popup shows up and asks user a question like "By clicking this button you agree to let Darksend mix your coins. The first transaction will be a small fee to create denominations for mixing inputs" YES - CANCEL (buttons). (Or however you and other devs see fit.)

The reason I'm asking you for this favor is due to the discussion here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dark-send.5743/

Thank you.

Hi crowning ,

What do you think of a suggestion for a DS popup on the wallet GUI? When clicking on the button "Start DS Mixing", a popup shows up and asks user a question like "By clicking this button you agree to let Darksend mix your coins. The first transaction will be a small fee to create denominations for mixing inputs" YES - CANCEL (buttons). (Or however you and other devs see fit.)

The reason I'm asking you for this favor is due to the discussion here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dark-send.5743/

Thank you.

I could do this, but I think having the popup each time will annoy most users.

Maybe I could modify this popup, but it only pops up when mixing is clicked for the very first time, so it wouldn't help with accidental clicks on that button.

I could do this, but I think having the popup each time will annoy most users.

Maybe I could modify this popup, but it only pops up when mixing is clicked for the very first time, so it wouldn't help with accidental clicks on that button.
Yes, thank you. After i wrote that post to you i went into the kitchen and thought... "oops what if that popup is going to annoy people for popping up every time.." .. I'm glad you caught it.. . Thanks :)

question : some time ago we had some info from chinese users testing v12 that they still saw Darkcoin (in chinese) mentioned in the GUI,
has that been fixed to Dash ?

question : some time ago we had some info from chinese users testing v12 that they still saw Darkcoin (in chinese) mentioned in the GUI,
has that been fixed to Dash ?
Good question
Tx for the reminder
I check with the Chinese

Hello...
I'm trying to make a transaction with 20 inputs on Testnet... but I can't send because the "Confirm send coins" screen is really long and can't be resized so I can get to the "YES" button at the bottom. I've tried to move it around, pushed it all way to the top of my computer screen so I could see the button but it can't happen... Is this my screen problem or is it the wallet? I wish the "Confirm..." screen could be resized though.

upload_2015-7-25_18-48-58.png

EDIT: Just deleted one payment and now the screen lets me see the "YES" button so i can send this transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello...
I'm trying to make a transaction with 20 inputs on Testnet... but I can't send because the "Confirm send coins" screen is really long and can't be resized so I can get to the "OK" button at the bottom. I've tried to move it around, pushed it all way to the top of my computer screen so I could see the OK button but it can't happen... Is this my screen problem or is it the wallet? I wish the "Confirm..." screen could be resized though.

View attachment 1636
Any window should not never grow bigger than screen resolution, like this example.
So, there is not any check resolution function i believe.

Code (Dash program) should check window size and screen resolution, and keep window max size same as screen resolution.
Ah.. I agree.. Thanks. So I guess it's not my problem but dash's problem.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back