• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hows the new forum coming along?

TheDashGuy

I've heard mention of a new Dashtalk.org to be around the corner a few times here and there.

Have there been any updates on this? Is there any assistance needed to speed stuff up? I feel like being as Dashtalk is a huge resource for this community, it should also be constantly evolving to suit the needs of the community. information needs to be constantly reorganized and kept tidy, things need to be stickied/unstickied, guides should be brought to the upper navigation bars and certain community projects should get highlighted sort of how Digg used to work.

I know we all think of Dashtalk.org as a simple forum, but this could be one of greatest educational assets and we should start building it into something more than a forum, it should be THE go to place to learn about Dash from day #1.

Anyone have any other ideas for what could take DT to the next level? I feel like I have a few ideas but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks as well. What would make DT more useful for you? Your mom? Your friend who's never heard about Dash but is curious?

Heres a great article of what I'm talking about: (I'm aware it's old, but forums are old so noone writes about them anymore)

https://theadminzone.com/ams/community-turning-your-forum-into-a-portal.134/

Excerpt to make the point:
"So you have a forum, well established, the biggest in the industry or just hitting your hundred thousandth post, the precise numbers don't matter, your forum is successful and that's what counts, right? Wrong. For many sites a forum is the entire basis of the network, there is no introductory page, no articles, photos, nothing but a forum and a few nice addon modules. While this may seem sufficient, after all, your forum is growing by 125% a year, in many ways it is not."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back