• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I have a feeling this topic might be controversial, but here goes... (we NEED DNM adoption NOW)

DrDeepweb

Hey guys.
Lets cut to the chase.

I think we need to do some serious PR work with the darknet markets. Everyone knows bitcoin growth and adoption was massively fuelled buy the 'Silk Road'. (darknet Market) Bitcoin has been great for the past 5 years or so in facilitating these blackmarket transactions that make up a huge amount of the whole bitcoin economy. I strongly believe with out Silk Road bitcoin would not be where it is at now.

Now I know what a lot of you guys may be thinking: " We don't want to tarnish our good brand by actively going after the darknet market. But the truth is DASH is the BEST coin out there, that im aware of for anonymous transactions (darksend). Some of these market operators are realising this as well and implementing DASH into their markets. Right now you can get on TOR and buy blackmarket goods with dash. Abraxas Market, Nucleus etc. So its already happening. We can do two things. Pretend its not happening (kind of whats happening now) or we can embrace this market show them how our coin is far superior in regard to anonymous transactions.

We can do this by keeping active on the DMN forums and trying to get the point across that BitCoin is not anonymous by default. This can be shown using software such as blockseer.com and going through some case studies showing how BTC transactions can be linked back to market usage etc.

I notice many vendors on these markets are still not to keen to take dash, even though it would be far safer for them to do so. We need to have guides how people can trade DASH for BTC etc. How vendors can cash out etc.

Also Dash is FAR faster with confirmations, meaning customers dont have to wait around sometimes over 1 hour for funds to clear in there accounts. (using BTC) I have deposited DASH on these markets and it takes less than 10 minutes for it to be spendable.

Buy the way please don’t think just because DASH has been added to these markets its going to stay there. Other markets have accepted LTC before and it never really took off. These market admins have given us a chance to show the true value of this coin. Lets show them.!

I made a purchase on nucleus using dash the other week. I even FE’ed my order as this was a trusted vendor. The vendor proceeded to cancel my order “saying he did not know where to get rid of the Dash coins” he said he had a system that works with BTC, and that was that. I mean it would have taken him 2 minutes to go to shapeshift.io or another service to convert to BTC but his lack of education on DASH made him change his mind.

I really think we need to get active on these forums and educate vendors and customers on the benefits of using DASH for transactions. I mean we all know its a lot after. (we could show vendors how coins can be traced with BTC using sites like blockseer.com

We need to do a full scale PR campaign on these markets. we need to get back to our ROOTS (dark) . I understand why you guys changed the name and tried to clean up the image of this coins but IMO its not time to go ‘legit’. not yet.

Think about bitcoin. The sole reason BTC went from <1cent to >$100 was because of the silk road and the drug trade. I don’t see Bitcoin taking off for a few more years when it come to POS and retail adoption, so I kind of have the same feeling about dash. Let get this coin wanted on the dark net. Let make this the coin of choice for vendors to accept. We need to increase daily dash transaction volume and this is the perfect way!

I spend a lot of time on the Darknet markets and I would even be prepared to put in a proposal to the new Dash voting system to run a PR campaign. Honestly what do you guys think of this. We need vendors to say to their customers : “We prefer Dash as payment method”.

If you want to check out some Darknet markets that currently accept dash Please visit links below. (TOR IS NEEDED TO VISIT THESE .ONION LINKS) Also there is a very active community at : www.reddit.com/r/darknetmarkets

ABRAXAS

Address: abraxasdegupusel.onion
Subreddit: /r/AbraxasMarket
Forums: abraxasgacelesox.onion

NUCLEUS MARKETPLACE
Address: nucleuspf3izq7o6.onion | dkf2lnsctjvoivow.onion
Subreddit: /r/NucleusMarket
Forums: z34uj4opd3tejafn.onion
Reddit accounts: /u/NucleusMarket

these links have been copied/pasted straight from https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetmarkets/wiki/superlist

Heres a post on reddit related to DMN & dash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMar...y_do_dnms_use_bitcoin_and_not_something_like/

Last edited by a moderator:
An interesting post. I am surprised why vendors haven't jumped on Dash yet. It is in their own best interest to stay anonymous. I don't think they are oblivious to Bitcoin's shortcoming. Maybe it is because of lack of infrastructure (unloading Dash). Ideally we would like vendors to keep Dash or exchange it straight to cash. If they have to exchange Dash to Bitcoin first, it may be perceived as a nuisance.

When it comes to active campaign on the Darknet, I would be cautious. These communities are relatively small and our campaign might quickly turn out to be seen as annoying or straight up trolling. tungfa is our marketing guru, so maybe it would worth seeing what he has to say about it.

An interesting post. I am surprised why vendors haven't jumped on Dash yet. It is in their own best interest to stay anonymous. I don't think they are oblivious to Bitcoin's shortcoming. Maybe it is because of lack of infrastructure (unloading Dash). Ideally we would like vendors to keep Dash or exchange it straight to cash. If they have to exchange Dash to Bitcoin first, it may be perceived as a nuisance.

When it comes to active campaign on the Darknet, I would be cautious. These communities are relatively small and our campaign might quickly turn out to be seen as annoying or straight up trolling. tungfa is our marketing guru, so maybe it would worth seeing what he has to say about it.

Im not surprised vendors have not adopted to this coin. There need to be more Dark Net specific information out there about the useage of dash. And yes i agree customers & vendors will find it annoying to have to convert BTC to dash. visa versa. I see there is a new exchange up and running for dash only now. But your right it needs to be easier to cash in and out of. Local dash coins would be the ultimate!

Also yes the PR campaign im speaking of would need to be conducted very carefully, if at all. I know what you mean about vendors and customers thinking dash is scammy shit if not done properly. Maybe if a lot of customers were to approach many vendors and ask them if they use dash? and if we can pay with dash. This could be a good way to break the ice with the vendors. If vendors have questions about dash we could answer. We could establish area on all the darknet forums regarding all aspects of dash and useage for blackmarket transactions. That way people would find it them selves rather than spamming a message out there.
Also some blog posts on the clear web explaining the advantages of using dash over BTC on the deepweb. eg. writing up some articles and sending them to deepdot and the other clear web darknet market information sites.

Yes we have to be careful and we need a solid strategy before doing anything but im worried if we do nothing the new markets that open their doors wont even add dash and it has not gained traction on abraxas & nuc.

Thanks for your response.!

I think everything written here can be quoted to make us bad pr.
This is the official dash forum
And it should be kept clean and pure.
The dark markets will find their way to dash , believe me...

Hello Victorbx

There is no place in the crypto scene for censorship. Even on clearnet forums. (look at what is happening currently with r/bitcoin, what a mess) This is a discussion. Some people may agree with me and some may not but that is ok.
Im not saying we should go out and sell drugs or do anything illegal in fact. What i am suggesting, is making this information more accessible to Darknet market users.

I personially dont have faith that the darknet markets will adopt dash unless there is demand for it. I think we need to help make demand somehow. Currently there is not the demand i dont believe. ( I could be wrong and would love some figures about dash usage on these markets. ) as I said in my post i have tried to make purchases with dash, but they have never gone though, becuase vendors did not know what do do with DASH. surley we can help here? in the form of blog posts and forum posts explaining how to cash out at the very least.

I hope your right in saying the dark markets will find there way to dash, lets give them a little push before its to late.

ps. sorry but i started to laugh when you mentioned 'clean and pure' in your response. DNM's are the only place I know where to find items that are 'clean and pure' ;)

We need to do a full scale PR campaign on these markets. we need to get back to our ROOTS (dark) .

Dash starts providing lots of general educational information.

You (and everyone who wants) can distribute this information in Darknet also.

We have some additional materials like https://dashtalk.org/threads/2-anonymous-payments-dash-or-bitcoin-mixers.4190/ , using TOR with Dash and many other.

I don't think if Dash will have more than 10-20% of users - from Darknet, it will be positive and effective to the whole project in general.

I am totally pro the so called "darknet markets". Black markets are a natural reaction to the governments excessive rulings which often does not reflect the people's convictions.

The only problem (a huge problem) with the darknet markets is the centralised way they organise themselves. The users are at constant risk, a risk increased by the abandonment of the user, due to the "illegality" always attributed to black markets in itself.

As, IMO, centralised services ought to be regulated, as long as the darknet markets do not find a decentralised solution (OpenBazaar?), the DASH community should try to avoid getting directly involved.

But, centralised or not, the fact is that these markets are also very beneficial for DASH, as a currency, because a currency needs to circulate in order to be useful (valuable).

What can our community do, in order to increase DASH adoption on the (online or offline) black markets?
  1. Keep up the good works, creating the perfect anonymous e-cash.
That's all we have to do, IMHO.

Anyone, willing to be private and protected in a black market will do his homework, and learn how to adopt and use the best anonymous cryptocurrency: DASH.

Big lol:wink:

Clean and pure will Serve us when we will need to stand In front of government officials and explain them that this is a legit currency

All what you mentioned should be left under the table

Btw
You have the right to say what ever you want here
There's no censorship
It's just a recommendation

Do you think I should remove this thread?

I am totally pro the so called "darknet markets". Black markets are a natural reaction to the governments excessive rulings which often does not reflect the people's convictions.

The only problem (a huge problem) with the darknet markets is the centralised way they organise themselves. The users are at constant risk, a risk increased by the abandonment of the user, due to the "illegality" always attributed to black markets in itself.

As, IMO, centralised services ought to be regulated, as long as the darknet markets do not find a decentralised solution (OpenBazaar?), the DASH community should try to avoid getting directly involved.

But, centralised or not, the fact is that these markets are also very beneficial for DASH, as a currency, because a currency needs to circulate in order to be useful (valuable).

What can our community do, in order to increase DASH adoption on the (online or offline) black markets?

Anyone, willing to be private and protected in a black market will do his homework, and learn how to adopt and use the best anonymous cryptocurrency: DASH.

Yeah your right. Its aggravating knowing Dash is the perfect coin for the darknet but seeing vendors and customers shrug it off.

After listening to all your posts I think the best thing to do is to just keep doing what were doing.

Guys should i delete this thread?

thanks

Hey guys.
Lets cut to the chase.

I think we need to do some serious PR work with the darknet markets. Everyone knows bitcoin growth and adoption was massively fuelled buy the 'Silk Road'. (darknet Market) Bitcoin has been great for the past 5 years or so in facilitating these blackmarket transactions that make up a huge amount of the whole bitcoin economy. I strongly believe with out Silk Road bitcoin would not be where it is at now.

Now I know what a lot of you guys may be thinking: " We don't want to tarnish our good brand by actively going after the darknet market. But the truth is DASH is the BEST coin out there, that im aware of for anonymous transactions (darksend). Some of these market operators are realising this as well and implementing DASH into their markets. Right now you can get on TOR and buy blackmarket goods with dash. Abraxas Market, Nucleus etc. So its already happening. We can do two things. Pretend its not happening (kind of whats happening now) or we can embrace this market show them how our coin is far superior in regard to anonymous transactions.

We can do this by keeping active on the DMN forums and trying to get the point across that BitCoin is not anonymous by default. This can be shown using software such as blockseer.com and going through some case studies showing how BTC transactions can be linked back to market usage etc.

I notice many vendors on these markets are still not to keen to take dash, even though it would be far safer for them to do so. We need to have guides how people can trade DASH for BTC etc. How vendors can cash out etc.

Also Dash is FAR faster with confirmations, meaning customers dont have to wait around sometimes over 1 hour for funds to clear in there accounts. (using BTC) I have deposited DASH on these markets and it takes less than 10 minutes for it to be spendable.

Buy the way please don’t think just because DASH has been added to these markets its going to stay there. Other markets have accepted LTC before and it never really took off. These market admins have given us a chance to show the true value of this coin. Lets show them.!

I made a purchase on nucleus using dash the other week. I even FE’ed my order as this was a trusted vendor. The vendor proceeded to cancel my order “saying he did not know where to get rid of the Dash coins” he said he had a system that works with BTC, and that was that. I mean it would have taken him 2 minutes to go to shapeshift.io or another service to convert to BTC but his lack of education on DASH made him change his mind.

I really think we need to get active on these forums and educate vendors and customers on the benefits of using DASH for transactions. I mean we all know its a lot after. (we could show vendors how coins can be traced with BTC using sites like blockseer.com

We need to do a full scale PR campaign on these markets. we need to get back to our ROOTS (dark) . I understand why you guys changed the name and tried to clean up the image of this coins but IMO its not time to go ‘legit’. not yet.

Think about bitcoin. The sole reason BTC went from <1cent to >$100 was because of the silk road and the drug trade. I don’t see Bitcoin taking off for a few more years when it come to POS and retail adoption, so I kind of have the same feeling about dash. Let get this coin wanted on the dark net. Let make this the coin of choice for vendors to accept. We need to increase daily dash transaction volume and this is the perfect way!

I spend a lot of time on the Darknet markets and I would even be prepared to put in a proposal to the new Dash voting system to run a PR campaign. Honestly what do you guys think of this. We need vendors to say to their customers : “We prefer Dash as payment method”.

If you want to check out some Darknet markets that currently accept dash Please visit links below. (TOR IS NEEDED TO VISIT THESE .ONION LINKS) Also there is a very active community at : www.reddit.com/r/darknetmarkets

ABRAXAS

Address: abraxasdegupusel.onion
Subreddit: /r/AbraxasMarket
Forums: abraxasgacelesox.onion

NUCLEUS MARKETPLACE
Address: nucleuspf3izq7o6.onion | dkf2lnsctjvoivow.onion
Subreddit: /r/NucleusMarket
Forums: z34uj4opd3tejafn.onion
Reddit accounts: /u/NucleusMarket

these links have been copied/pasted straight from https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetmarkets/wiki/superlist

Heres a post on reddit related to DMN & dash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMar...y_do_dnms_use_bitcoin_and_not_something_like/

Dark Markets and the DarkNet were never on our Official List,
we never did any real push over there as it was not any official DRK/Dash agenda to do so.

i always had an interest there and thought it would be good to show presence and get involved.
We worked on pages (hidden Wiki, forums,....) for that, but it just never really took off as
- i do not have time to do it (too busy in general with dash)
- we had no dedicated community members to take over pages, or run forums on the Sub net

A real PR campaign (will be hard to sell in general) has no point as we can not just throw the name out there and hope for returns.
you have to maintain and engage that community. i imagine that the Sub Net pieps know what they do and are talking about, so they will not just fall for any banner (who does),
we would need engaged forums and chats in that direction. there is definitely volume to be made (in my opinion), but it is hard work as any 'new' market you want to engage.
Dash official is concentrating on China, Russia, + all others as far as we have engaged members, general PR, Newcomers, Upcoming Conferences, .... and as Digital Cash , we just shed the "dark" from Darkcoin, so any engagements in the Sub Web have to be community pushed/ active, i doubt any budget funding and such would get approved.

i am happy to support, but as posted , can not do it myself.

The only part I find controversial is that marketing efforts so far have not included the dark web markets.

The other day I seriously laughed when I was reading ideas about promoting Dash to corporate retail and what not. What are those people thinking?

tungfa ("any engagements in the Sub Web have to be community pushed/ active, i doubt any budget funding and such would get approved"): you're right, it'd be too risky to make the organization appear to facilitate what may be considered illegal activities.

Community members can promote Dash for darknet uses and contribute, by way of donations or work, to development of applications or plugins that are required (also) by darknet users.
The sooner the better.

Yeah your right. Its aggravating knowing Dash is the perfect coin for the darknet but seeing vendors and customers shrug it off.

After listening to all your posts I think the best thing to do is to just keep doing what were doing.

Guys should i delete this thread?

thanks

Your thread is welcome, as well as your suggestions. This is an important subject for the community to debate, and look for solutions.

The only part I find controversial is that marketing efforts so far have not included the dark web markets.

You said it yourself,
we 'Officially' will not promote any illegal activity (and Dark Markets / Net unfortunately fall in that category)
but that does not mean that you, or anybody else can do their own 'unofficial' thing out there :wink:

I am not promoting/encouraging PR campaigns there
i am interested in engagement (forums, blogs,...), showing presence (pages, and getting current pages back on track) !

tungfa, to clarify myself in case it's not clear: I didn't mean to say that I am surprised that there's been no official campaign to promote the use on Dark Markets (I mentioned that in the original comment, too).
I referred to individual activities members of the community.
For individuals not associated with the Foundation, etc. the best ROI is to look for actual opportunities.

Some additional points:
* Personally I'm not into dark markets, but I'd like to contribute, maybe donate a bit for development of related pugins.
* Those who know people who know people ... could you check with the sellers/buyers what they think about Dash?
* In my superficial understanding, it seems that best practices with bitcoin include a lot of hassle to ensure stealth. That is not only annoying, but also expensive. A simple Excel table could show how investing $500 or whatever in integration could pay back in several weeks.

Let's go!

tungfa, to clarify myself in case it's not clear: I didn't mean to say that I am surprised that there's been no official campaign to promote the use on Dark Markets (I mentioned that in the original comment, too).
I referred to individual activities members of the community.
For individuals not associated with the Foundation, etc. the best ROI is to look for actual opportunities.

Some additional points:
* Personally I'm not into dark markets, but I'd like to contribute, maybe donate a bit for development of related pugins.
* Those who know people who know people ... could you check with the sellers/buyers what they think about Dash?
* In my superficial understanding, it seems that best practices with bitcoin include a lot of hassle to ensure stealth. That is not only annoying, but also expensive. A simple Excel table could show how investing $500 or whatever in integration could pay back in several weeks.

Let's go!

would you be able to help with this excel table you speak of? Im keen to see it my self.

ps. i like your enthusiasm !!

would you be able to help with this excel table you speak of? Im keen to see it my self.

ps. i like your enthusiasm !!

We (someone who knows a store operator or seller) to show their calculation of Bitcoin-related costs.
* How much they transact a month (say, 30 transactions x 1 BTC each)
* How much they pay for the mixing of their input (where they get paid) and output (from which they pay to their supplier) addresses and related privacy measures including the time spent on doing that stuff (imagine spending 10 minutes a day - that's a lot)
* Risk factor alone (buying unmixed BTC, etc.) is probably worth 1% of total turnover

A simple approach (imagine a 3 column table - Item | Bitcoin | Dash)
- Total turnover 30 x $250 ($7.500)
* Mixing cost - 1% (75%)
* Time cost - 10 min/day * 30 days * $15/hr = $75
* Risk factor - 1% of $7.5K = $75
------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $235

So now if a site has 4 sellers that would be interested in also accepting Dash, they they could spend $1K on adding support for it to the site because it could pay quickly.

Assuming prices remain the same, these savings would be retained by the sellers.
The investment wouldn't pay back within 30 days, because not all trades would instantly switch to Dash, but if there are more traders and more turnover, it would make sense to check with stakeholders (including buyers - they should be interested too) and find a way that would work for all. For example there may be sellers sold on the idea who could commit to a 2% discount for all Dash sales in the first 30 days (and it probably wouldn't cost them anything, if they save 2% by using Dash).

We (someone who knows a store operator or seller) to show their calculation of Bitcoin-related costs.
* How much they transact a month (say, 30 transactions x 1 BTC each)
* How much they pay for the mixing of their input (where they get paid) and output (from which they pay to their supplier) addresses and related privacy measures including the time spent on doing that stuff (imagine spending 10 minutes a day - that's a lot)
* Risk factor alone (buying unmixed BTC, etc.) is probably worth 1% of total turnover

A simple approach (imagine a 3 column table - Item | Bitcoin | Dash)
- Total turnover 30 x $250 ($7.500)
* Mixing cost - 1% (75%)
* Time cost - 10 min/day * 30 days * $15/hr = $75
* Risk factor - 1% of $7.5K = $75
------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $235

So now if a site has 4 sellers that would be interested in also accepting Dash, they they could spend $1K on adding support for it to the site because it could pay quickly.

Assuming prices remain the same, these savings would be retained by the sellers.
The investment wouldn't pay back within 30 days, because not all trades would instantly switch to Dash, but if there are more traders and more turnover, it would make sense to check with stakeholders (including buyers - they should be interested too) and find a way that would work for all. For example there may be sellers sold on the idea who could commit to a 2% discount for all Dash sales in the first 30 days (and it probably wouldn't cost them anything, if they save 2% by using Dash).

Thanks this is wicked !

This thread must stay here.
For all people whom have the same question as you, about advertising on DNMs.
raganius' post has opened my eyes to what Dash needs.
It must be seen as it is seen here, on these boards.

People can use the coin for what they want,
but everyone has a good idea what they will be used for.

This thread must stay here.
For all people whom have the same question as you, about advertising on DNMs.
raganius' post has opened my eyes to what Dash needs.
It must be seen as it is seen here, on these boards.

People can use the coin for what they want,
but everyone has a good idea what they will be used for.

What post of Raganius are you referring to ?

Back