• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Leap of faith: Fulltimegeek goes full-time on Dash

fulltimegeek

Foundation Member
Today I told my boss that my last day of employment will be Dec. 25 2015

I will be leaving my current full-time job to focus entirely on Dash. I fully believe in the direction this virtual company is taking and I want to be part of such a wonderful team, community and leaders of innovation. Up until Dec. 25th I will be reviewing and learning as much as possible about Dash Evolution and it's DAPI so I can hit the ground running when I start full-time. Once I start, I pledge to work on Dash each and every day to expand and improve the ecosystem to the best of my ability.

I do believe my skillset will be of great contribution to the team since I have a very diverse knowledge base in IT. I am currently the lead Android developer where I work and previous positions also include Network Administrator and IT Administrator. So, I am very comfortable with networking/programming/IT administration. I have a total of 4 years experience as a full-time Android developer and another 6+ years as networking/IT.

I am honored to be a part of such a lively and tenacious community.

LONG LIVE DASH

what we desperately need is an App where you can see users also stores nearby on a map that want to trade Dash for Fiat or the other way around. The users can set their own fees. And maybe there is a review system where other users can post a review after the exchange was successful thereby promoting trust.

Absolutely great news! I'm really happy to see that there are people that are as excited as we are about what we're working on. Your timing literally couldn't be better. Evolution is coming along and we want a really nice prototype for the Miami conference to show how awesome this technology is. I'm looking forward to working with you, December is also perfect as well, we should have the APIs done and the system should be working by mid December to start making the Android components. This way we'll have a nice prototype for a web browser and one for Android and possibly even iPhone.

eduffield

Thank you very much for the acceptance into the team! This moment in my life won't be forgotten and it all seems like it was meant to be. Truly divinely orchestrated. I know Dash is the future and it's exciting to know I'm helping build it.

Regarding showcasing the new prototype of Dash Evolution on Android at BTC Miami -- it's absolutely doable and it will be awesome :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Also, since I can only do superficial coding right now until the DAPI is near completion; I am more than happy to receive gui/layout ideas/examples from all you guys.

For what kind of application? I've Qt designer open more or less the whole time at the mo and could always do with some constructive distractions ;)

Congrats and I doubt you'll regret it, best paying work I ever did was for BTC when it was in the low double figures and even if it had never gone up it was much more satisfying than working for premined IOUs. Just a suggestion, I was kind of aiming towards something similar and thought a budget proposal would be the best way to go about it, easier to get turned down or booted out if my work isn't up to scratch that way. Good luck with it, it's something worth having faith in.

stan.distortion

All I need are visual aids and not actual layout code/syntax such as for Qt. This is something people can do in Microsoft Paint for I care as long as it looks like a cellular display in general. This is just more to get a feel for the type of theme, button style, etc. the community finds desirable.

Also, thanks for the support on my big move and I'm sure it will be fun and exciting. This is an opportunity of a life time. It's not every day you find such a talented group of people all huddled together to accomplish a project that will bless and change the whole world.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Also, since I can only do superficial coding right now until the DAPI is near completion; I am more than happy to receive gui/layout ideas/examples from all you guys.
Could be a potential funding proposal to be voted on by the masternode holders in due course :grin:

Back