• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

October 2015 Budget Proposal

eduffield

Core Developer
It’s that time again, here are the budget proposals for this month. We’ve made some great progress which should be visible in the next 2-3 months. It’s going to take a bit, because we need a ton of work done all at the same time to achieve the results we’re looking for.

Previous Items:

Electrum Client/Server Implementation - Part 2 - Final

The electrum client has been implemented and is done. We should have this released soon, then I will make the final payment to the developers for $750.

Core Team Budget - $2904 - 1176 DASH
Foundation Creation - $3500 (of $7000) - Part 2 - Final
Public Awareness Campaign - $5500

More information:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-promotion-reimbursement-core-team.6006/

New Proposal Items:

Liquidity Providers - $300

Being a liquidity provider for the network is a great benefit, but it comes at a cost to the people that provide the service for the network. We would like to encourage providing liquidity to the network by paying 5 people about $50 a month in Dash, plus $50/mo for our manager of the program (yidakee has agreed to manage this). Each party will be paid the budget divided by six.

Website and Design - $5000+ - Part 1 of 2

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

Jn8AkYYhQUb6U8lF-32kFk8jkp4p_WyA_DaYZPtTzR-9xu5h--NC-UImrYCE28ZffbNbB9m95WfFrjFB4Y5As5X3hT1C8SxFuuKNNZhOfAtMTdc2RS2P4Nja8SvuJqXs=s1600

October Budget:

5krhFHDy8_Tlpm5LQdRqiIx9GzuLJGVYMx1YHDAxvDku_OXQRfFcuREY7UCppcf0De_DOc6jbyzQR7H-8wL3KZMttL9K5OJO1uscNXJ87a31HK-aanpP_X4deqhFgMI3sfU=s1600

Three of four proposals are up! Please vote if you can:

#electrum-pt-2
mnbudget vote-many d06d273364938cd2083d6f46264c05d38ff7b96c5705604e709f2b4a0e26e0e3 yes

#foundation-pt-2
mnbudget vote-many 244bd3d4a71fa44d76d1299d6d9c45512cd9807f5a1387ca77f13025bf2a8dd6 yes

#website-pt-1
mnbudget vote-many 8387cdff019c2ebed75b33444ce5bcb27ddd8f6e56c00ec001957eefc931407b yes

#liquidity-providers
mnbudget vote-many 74d557df5d62ea9e3ef1b26a2cbab3b4e71032d7f9480ea773aa9d87d1aecb5e yes

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield You must really love this, don't you? You get to combine your passions for technology and finance, and possibly change the world by doing it.

Your budget proposal for October seems fair and reasonable. It will be scary to see how much we will able to accomplish once the snowball starts accumulating.

Im curious: What will the website design and coding include in terms of features? 10k seems like a lot for a website, at least to me.

Pablo.

Im curious: What will the website design and coding include in terms of features? 10k seems like a lot for a website, at least to me.

Pablo.

The design portion is $2500 and we're just estimating the development portion is about the same. I don't think it will be much over $5k. Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

As for features? It's going to be a rails site, setup something like wordpress, but much more extendable .

Pablo.
The design portion is $2500 and we're just estimating the development portion is about the same. I don't think it will be much over $5k. Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

As for features? It's going to be a rails site, setup something like wordpress, but much more extendable .
I will add that any website changes need to be clearly designed for mobile devices. (Still not in favor of spending anything on web stuff until mobile wallets are polished or there is some reason to wait to finish them.)

5K isn't out of line for a website, but paying more doesn't mean the quality is any better. Why not make a contest out of the webdesign? Entrants will post a full page picture of the completed main webpage. Pick the best design and then pay them to finish the other parts.

It’s that time again, here are the budget proposals for this month. We’ve made some great progress which should be visible in the next 2-3 months. It’s going to take a bit, because we need a ton of work done all at the same time to achieve the results we’re looking for.

Previous Items:

Electrum Client/Server Implementation - Part 2 - Final

The electrum client has been implemented and is done. We should have this released soon, then I will make the final payment to the developers for $750.

Core Team Budget - $2904 - 1176 DASH
Foundation Creation - $3500 (of $7000) - Part 2 - Final
Public Awareness Campaign - $5500

More information:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-promotion-reimbursement-core-team.6006/

New Proposal Items:

Liquidity Providers - $300

Being a liquidity provider for the network is a great benefit, but it comes at a cost to the people that provide the service for the network. We would like to encourage providing liquidity to the network by paying 5 people about $50 a month in Dash, plus $50/mo for our manager of the program (yidakee has agreed to manage this). Each party will be paid the budget divided by six.

Website and Design - $5000+ - Part 1 of 2

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

I really like the October Budget, that new website is critical. Can't wait to see where we go in a couple months when the budget opens up :grin:

i wonder if liquidity provider reward can be implemented in system. but amount in the reward is small (or be determined by voting) per 10 dash, so if 1 address has 1000, it only receive reward for 10. while 10 address with 10 dash receive full reward each.

I'm glad to see we're getting closer to filling up those available slots for coins. I hate to see so many burned! You got my support!

I would be willing to run a liquidity provider on some of my mainnet infrastructure or dedicate new gear for it.

Back