• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: Vendor-Experience Funding Options

Best way to fund this initiative?

• As a startup; 8 years, Dash Foundation takes 50% of profits

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd say they first have to decide what they want out of this. If they want to experiment, they should make it for something like 4-6 months, in fact, that should give them the time they need to think this out some more. If it were me, I'd want to start a company that sells merchant solutions and gives support. I think that could be a hell of a startup. If they need funding to get there, they can make a deal with Dash (legal entity, being the foundation) With 4 - 6 months, they can work out the details while working on the project, get one of the Dash lawyers to help them make a proposal. If they want to keep it loosey goosey, they can renew it, and Dash can decide if they've been productive enough to make it worth while.

I just wish proposals were worked out better before being submitted. If they want to get started, don't ask for such a long term commitment, ask for 1-3 months. So I can't vote because I have no idea what their vision is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love for it to renew every month. Progress is shown each month or every two weeks with videos. After each month masternodes can vote again. If the Dash price goes up, maybe every two/three months, but right now with the Dash price low we need to be very careful how we spend money and funding for longer periods can be extremely risky.

I'd love for it to renew every month. Progress is shown each month or every two weeks with videos. After each month masternodes can vote again. If the Dash price goes up, maybe every two/three months, but right now with the Dash price low we need to be very careful how we spend money and funding for longer periods can be extremely risky.

Every month is too short term for a project like this, there's a huge amount of work and no one wants to be worrying every month whether they get paid or not. For all these options, we'd expect regular updates anyway.

If we think of this like a kickstarter with profits coming back, then I think it would give us a lot of cred and good press coverage.

I agree with TanteStefana . I'm holding my vote because funding as a startup is contingent on the budget proposal makers committing to it, and funding as 4-6 months is contingent on actual milestones and timelines, what will (is expected to) be produced or achieved in what time.
Keeping it as-is is out of the question for me. Even Evan gives us estimates on when Evolution will be ready and produces white papers and demos about what it will be.

Back