• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Dash Round Table Episode 00

B

buster

Dash Round Table
We are a group of decentralized volunteers involved in Dash, Blockchain, Masternodes, DAO technology, development. We will meet and do a live broadcast at the very least once per month, the goal is to do a couple shows per month though.

Official Hosts:
Buster - Words of Wisdom:
Also known as Bill Cassidy. Podcaster for The Darq, Long time Dash volunteer and community member. Believes in freedom, privacy, liberty and cryptocurrencies. Loves to surf (on waves and the internet) and watches NFL Football religiously.

fernando - Worldly Views
Real estate investor. Gaming and health care entrepreneur. Long time Dash team member and volunteer. He is interested in privacy, freedom, DASH and Bitcoin.

oaxaca - Head Philosopher
Long time dash investor and community member. Special appearances on the DARQ Podcast. Very knowledgeable about DASH and the going on's behind the scenes.

Episode 00: Informal Introductions and Test Run
  1. Show hosts will give a quick introduction with some basic background information.
  2. Official launch of the Dash Round Table show. What are the goals we have? What is the format we are going with? What do we have planned for next month or two?
  3. tentative: JuanSGalt Might be joining us today to talk about his recent adventures at Anarchapulca and his ongoing proposal. Juan would also like to discuss ideas on how to improve merchant adoption.
  4. fernando talks about his recent trip to the Internet Freedom Festival. buster and oaxaca will have some questions for him in this portion of the show.
  5. We review some of the new budget proposals and pre-proposals: nmarley Woo Commerce Plugin. GreyGhost Dash World Proposal. The Dash Trader proposal. Possible the new one Rokos Permanent Add proposal.
  6. We end the show and announce the date for our first official episode 01. (we've got some decent interviews lined up for the 26th or 27th of March which is when it will air.)
Watch and Participate:
You can view the live show here:
http://www.dashroundtable.org/

You can ask questions to hosts here:
post your questions here

Event Page with Information:
https://plus.google.com/events/cgvesjmr312g8rbhaaqjm19e4go

Show Details:
March 13th 2016 at 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Time Countdown for those of you to lazy to check timezones.
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/dash-round-table-ep00-countdown-clock

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work you do.

A comment on Dash World as being "too long and complicated." I see the proposal as the token of respect & gratitude for the tech genius and vision the Dash Project represents and for the community supporting it. I hope and trust that MN owners would realize that if someone has spent weeks mulling over it and has created a comprehensive 17 pages "core proposal" and another 15 pages of a supporting document, and assembled an impressive team to help him execute, he would work even harder if and once the proposal is voted "YES."

We need a Paradigm shift in overall thinking, something the proposal represents. It therefore can't be "broken down" quite easily. Would you tell Evan and the developers that the Dash Evolution is too complex with all these features like:
-- DashDrive,
-- DAPI,
-- InstantX,
-- PrivacyProtect,
-- Decentralized Wallets,
-- Governance,
-- Social Wallets,
-- Quorum Chain... etc., and that they should firstly focus on one feature and if it works on another and so on? The proposal whose very core is a holistic approach that "aims to tackle the matter from different angles" is complex in its very nature, while really simple in its message. (all the efforts serve to support each other) Otherwise I could've just wrote "Dash to the Moon" and twiddle my thumbs until someone gives me the investment without having a clue what do I plan to achieve with that investment.

Having said that, I hope the upcoming PowerPoint digest of it and your interview with Dr. BobLQ and Lisa will simplify the message and entice voting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the mention and voicing support for the DashPayments for WooCommerce plugin!

You brought up some very valid points. Regarding the concerns with support/maintenance, I've added that to the pre-proposal discussion thread here:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/pre-proposal-discussion-dash-woocommerce-plugin.8272/page-2#post-88125

Thanks!

Agree, great podcast and glad nmarley is taking notes on those good points you guys brought up. I was going to go straight there and put them down, LOL, but now I don't have to :)

I really like this new format. Bill, you have the most beautiful smooth voice, but lots of times when I listen to your podcast, it lulls me and I wake up realizing I didn't follow, and have to review, LOL. But when talking with other people, your silky voice gets broken up and keeps me from going to LaLa land, LOL :D It's hard to say, because I don't want to imply it's boring, it's more hypnotic :D (I'm really good an insulting people when I mean to complement :p)

Agree, great podcast and glad nmarley is taking notes on those good points you guys brought up. I was going to go straight there and put them down, LOL, but now I don't have to :)

I really like this new format. Bill, you have the most beautiful smooth voice, but lots of times when I listen to your podcast, it lulls me and I wake up realizing I didn't follow, and have to review, LOL. But when talking with other people, your silky voice gets broken up and keeps me from going to LaLa land, LOL :D It's hard to say, because I don't want to imply it's boring, it's more hypnotic :D (I'm really good an insulting people when I mean to complement :p)

Thank you! Thank you very much. Not insulting in any way at all. In fact the complete opposite. These comments are very encouraging they mean a lot to me. I'll try my best to keep my voice as silky smooth as possible when talking with others. I think I'm just super excited when I get on live, adrenaline starts pumping. Compared to my recordings where I'm in a room with just my kitty. Anyways thank you again TanteStefana you are very kind.

Back