• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TNABC = personal view II

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
I think baby g coverd the TNABC very well here:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/personal-views-on-the-miami-conference.7783/
i will not repeat all that and bore you with that.

As mentioned in that thread, the 'new' contacts in business / connections/ future marking/ .... can not be named now due to the reasons mentioned by baby G, i hope you guys understand !
these things have to develop 1st, no need to spread unconfirmed deals and ideas, all this needs a bit of work and sure thing the community will be filled in earlier than later !

on a personal note
- soda machine
it was amazing to meet the team behind that machine. what a simple idea: Soda IX Machine ! the impact from that on us (team) and the conference visitors was much much bigger than i expected. do you know how exciting it is to buy a can of Coke on that machine ?! my god, i had no idea !
and it was an even bigger effect for general visitors ! Most of the time we use our wallets to buy for them, but they totally got the point of Dash + IX. The machine was a great pull for people walking by "?! Soda ? Dash ... what are you guys doing" and boom you have a conversation going
parallel it was a great reminder to us Dash people , how great and innovative IX is, we kind of 'forgot' about that with all the other things we have going on. So a very good reminder to go back to the roots and push these kind of projects/tech more in press and marketing as people just could not believe that this really works like that
congrats to the soda team, well well done and a real community effort/ project !! we need more of those please !
- general Dash
the pros in the industry definitely know who we are and what is going on with Dash, surprising to me was how many general crypto people had no clue about us ! there was a lot of explaining and translating/ comparing to do for them to understand us and our tech. many people came again and again (with breaks of some hours) with new questions, different angle questions, more follow ups ,... to really understand (our complex scenario) !
deinately great interest as many see the 'issues' with BTC and are looking for new alternatives
- conferences in general
they really work ! these is no doubt that one on one conversations are the way forward with this. Sure big press is great, but these one on one's really pull in the new big investors/ industry people/ and even general crypto peeps.
- michael terpin
great to meet michael in person, a real professional in marketing , look at the press and stories and angles he got out there for us already ! am super excited to have him on board (as it is paying off already )
- team
for me it was very important to meet the team (evan and daniel / minotaur) finally in person ! there is only so much you can do on slack and forums to 'feel' a person. Personal relations (in the team) are very important to me (and are for all of us) as we are not some corporation hire / fire somebody for their resume , we are still in the early stages of ' decentralized corporation' and feeling/ understand/ being on the same track and page with ideas and visions is very important for the team and the project.
(sorry, am stuck at the airport and am rambling a bit here)
long story short, it was amazing to finally sit down with Evan and Daniel and talk in person !
We are dam lucky to have these guys on board !
- evan (no doubt) is the smartest guy in the room, a gentile soul, no attitude (he could ease have), always accessible and open for ideas and questions, a true visionair in tech / finances/ networks / .....
Evans presentation was well received, it is great to have 'the inventor of X11 and Dash' on the booth, for any kind of business deals evan is the face of the project and has to be present to represent. he is very good and pacient in explaining us and tech to newcomers or professionals.
it is really an honor to work next to him ! after talking online since 2 years (Skype and slack and DT) it was amazing to finally sit down and talk direct, personal and project based !
- danile (Minotaur ) and me are doing a ton of Dash work together, i know him really well from the distance, but as i am less a business guy and more a personal relation person i needed to get a feel for him direct. Super smart, great ideas and visions, a real business developer who puts a ton of work down here without even being mentioned that much. Daniel is a true manager in the background (exactly what we as a project need), he is bringing new connections and visions to the project all the time. It was great to see him 'working the floor' at the conference ! i am more a social "whats up.." connector in events like that, Daniel is the real deal, he narrows his vision and hunts the people down he/we need ! great to see him live and in action

Our 'team' meetings were great and very nessacery (after talking online for 2 years). We solved half of the world problems already, and imagine what we could accomplish by actually sitting down with the whole team one day !
Evan is collecting/ attracting the smartest people from their industries, our team is growing and (sure there is a ton of work to do) we are making great progress !

:grin:

(..) surprising to me was how many general crypto people had no clue about us !(...)

Not a surprise for me, considering how information is filtered and distorted on the main BTC forums :/

(..) - team
for me it was very important to meet the team(...)

I am sure it was a great experience: DASH is blessed with a great team and community!

So cool to "feel" how stoked you are from the conference! With you guys too busy to talk to us stuck on the outside, we started to feel pretty lonely, LOL.
"Our 'team' meetings were great and very nessacery (after talking online for 2 years). We solved half of the world problems already, and imagine what we could accomplish by actually sitting down with the whole team one day !" LOL, Yes!

Thanks for your update! I really appreciate it, it fills my heart with joy :D

Great to hear the good vibes from the guys making it all happen. Being on the other end of the earth is a long way away to where everything is happening and appreciate the excitement shared in your post

Back